Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
I made a small list of items that I wanted to do to right off the bat to my new-ish Shelby.

I ordered the following items:

Jacking rails -- Steeda 555 5212 Mustang Coupe Full-Length Jacking Rails (15-22)

IRS alignment kit -- Steeda 555 4438 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit (15-22)

IRS Brace -- Steeda 555 5754 Mustang Coupe Rear IRS Subframe Support Braces (15-22)

Install for all of these parts is easy and pretty straight forward. Install the alignment kit before the IRS brace to prevent you from installing the braces twice.

I installed the jack rails first by getting creative with my quick-jack and jack stands.

View attachment 242577
View attachment 242576

I then was able to loft the car back up and installed the bushings and IRS brace.

Be sure you double check the bushing orientation as there is a relief cut on one side for the bolts (the picture shows the difference)

Wrong way
View attachment 242580

Correct way
View attachment 242579

The rest of the install is easy using the instructions from Steeda below

View attachment 242581

This is the reason I did this, you can really see the difference one the bushing is inserted.

loosey goosey

View attachment 242582

good and snug

View attachment 242583
I鈥檝e done exactly that, my question how did you like those absolutely planted launches after 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Premium Member
I only drove around the block to make sure all was good, I am going to get the car aligned this week and then I will "test" to make sure it passes the "heck yeah" reason for spending the money.
Mine absolutely launches like a bat out of Hell on fire being chased by people from Covid town. 馃槀

Premium Member
im shocked this would happen on a car like this from factory. does the car actually feel better with the braces and alignment kit? you wouldnt think a gt500 would need one
The IRS system in the S550 Mustang lends itself to a comfortable driving experience until you are putting the power down hard. That鈥檚 when it becomes hoppy and loose. These help button everything up and removes the negative effects of the IRS system.

Premium Member
You should also consider doing this as well

I looked at that kit because one of my buddies has it. We did some driving with a go pro watching the IRS and it didn鈥檛 seem to make that much of a difference so I held off on adding it.

Premium Member
It helps if you plan on dragging the car. Reduces subframe flex by 1/2鈥
I don鈥檛 intended on dragging it. It鈥檚 not a bad idea to add them. I just pushed it back to my maybe list 馃槀

1 - 5 of 5 Posts