Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,946 Posts
Nice work. Basically the same setup I have on my GT350 and the rear feels so securely attached to the car, but the change in the alignment from the dowel pin correction was shocking.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,946 Posts
im shocked this would happen on a car like this from factory. does the car actually feel better with the braces and alignment kit? you wouldnt think a gt500 would need one
It depends on how sensitive you are and how hard you're pushing the car. I noticed the slop in the rear the most with mid-corner corrections or some of the mountain roads up our way where the corners can sometimes decrease in radius mid-corner. When making that secondary steering input I could sense a shift/delay/pause in how the rear of the car would be gripped up, then take a split second to adjust to the new steering input.

I noticed it again in transitions, but here it was masked more than the mid-corner incidents. To me it felt like the chassis was riding "on top" of the rear IRS and it was clear that they were two separate units. The dowels correct any alignment (but also require a rear suspension re-alignment) and the bracing helps solidify the ability for the IRS to move separate from the unibody by triangulating the attachment points. They're cheap mods, don't increase NVH, and in my opinion are a win/win solution.

• Helpful
Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,946 Posts
It helps if you plan on dragging the car. Reduces subframe flex by 1/2”
I've seen that on a GT, but the Shelby cars use bushings of different durometers. Was that measured on a GT350 or GT500?

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,946 Posts
So I’m not buying a GT500 to ride like a Lincoln but I’m curious if any of you notice any harsher ride at all when you’re out cruising. If you take out some of the chassis flex would that be a bit of a side effect?
I haven't noticed any additional harshness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts