Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to John Moore from Ford/Steeda and Pat Kinder of Steeda of Florida and they both told me the Steeda stainless steel axle back sound great.I am going to order some today.They start out at 2.5" and end at almost 4" at the tip.Cost is $429.00 and the part # is 040130040.You can buy them at a Steeda dealer near you or call 1-954-960-0774
I was told you could leave at 4:00 am and not piss off the neighbors,but have a very nice rumble to it.That's me baby.I was told 45 to 60 days and they will have a new cold air intake and SCT tuner,That's me too.I will let you know how I like them.I hope my wife likes them.I can hear it now,"you what"................................07..........................................

·
Premium Member
11,030 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
I talked to John Moore from Ford/Steeda and Pat Kinder of Steeda of Florida and they both told me the Steeda stainless steel axle back sound great.I am going to order some today.They start out at 2.5" and end at almost 4" at the tip.Cost is $429.00 and the part # is 040130040.You can buy them at a Steeda dealer near you or call 1-954-960-0774
I was told you could leave at 4:00 am and not piss off the neighbors,but have a very nice rumble to it.That's me baby.I was told 45 to 60 days and they will have a new cold air intake and SCT tuner,That's me too.I will let you know how I like them.I hope my wife likes them.I can hear it now,"you what"................................07..........................................
4" !!?? Those aren't exhaust tips, those are cannons.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
07 SHELBY said:

From what I understand Ford Motor Sports has the same exhaust for $389.00.They are suppose to be identical made by Borla.I am going to check on this.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I ordered my Axle Backs from Ford Motor Sports today.Ford Motor Sports does have them for $389.00.Part #M52305GT.Same as Steeda made by Borla.The only difference is the stamping on the mufflers.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Emily is not going to let me order my axle-backs any time soon after the limited edition print and the visor! I'll start begging after the car gets here!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oldimp said:
Emily is not going to let me order my axle-backs any time soon after the limited edition print and the visor! I'll start begging after the car gets here!

How's my old buddy today.I have no news today.

·
Registered
28 Posts
07Shelby , Oldimp,

How are you both. Life is good and still waiting lol. I am lookinf at Corsa axle back mufflers. Hear anything about them> They are local to me. I did pm you 07Shelby FYI...

·
Registered
888 Posts
My old pal, 07 SHELBY!

I'm hanging in there! Do you think I will be the only one that is going to go with Magnaflows? Mike (the nut!) just cranked my GT up a few minutes ago to show me the radio self-test. I had it backed up to the door where I unloaded a piece of gear. It sounded soooo good!

·
Registered
888 Posts
TomC said:
07Shelby , Oldimp,

How are you both. Life is good and still waiting lol. I am lookinf at Corsa axle back mufflers. Hear anything about them> They are local to me. I did pm you 07Shelby FYI...
I don't know of Corsa! I'll check those out, too! Good to hear from you, Tom! I'd be better if my shelby could just get on the dang train!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you so much for taking the time to look into my car for me I really apreciate it. I have learned that the dealer was invoiced today for the car. They told me the car usually is right behind it. The dealer is 2.5 hours awat from Flat rock so I know it will be on a semi. I am hoping for it by Friday...I will be sure to have many pictures for you. If I am the first send me your questions and i will answer all. I want to thank you all for all the help you have given me. i will still be here after it comes in...

07 SHELBY said:
Oldimp I am sure other people will have Magnaflows.

Tom C I know I get lots of PM's.Your car has a Gate Release of 6/19/2006.What this means is that it has not shipped,it is between Oldimp's car and Vnmous1's car may or may not have the stripe put on and has a brood of chicks from Vnmous1's wheel wells.His car has an extended family and needs to expand.So welcome to the "I want my car now club".LOL.

·
Registered
888 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Oldimp I am sure other people will have Magnaflows.

Tom C I know I get lots of PM's.Your car has a Gate Release of 6/19/2006.What this means is that it has not shipped,it is between Oldimp's car and Vnmous1's car may or may not have the stripe put on and has a brood of chicks from Vnmous1's wheel wells.His car has an extended family and needs to expand.So welcome to the "I want my car now club".LOL.
I just found where the place that I bought my GT set has them (Magnaflow #15882) for $399.99 with free shipping! I am sure Emily will be pleased!
Smitty

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
07 SHELBY said:
I ordered my Axle Backs from Ford Motor Sports today.Ford Motor Sports does have them for $389.00.Part #M52305GT.Same as Steeda made by Borla.The only difference is the stamping on the mufflers.

I edited post #5.Please read.

·
Premium Member
11,030 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
I had Borla's on my '03 C5. They were a little raspier than most others I listened to. Sort of that mid-to-high range of sound. That said, they had less resonance at idle than the others, so that was a good thing.

I assume you can do an axle back and not really HAVE to do CAI and a tune til later, si'? I hear the GT500 is set fairly well so that it wouldn't screw around with the mixture too much to just use them for sound for the time being.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VNMOUS1 said:
I had Borla's on my '03 C5. They were a little raspier than most others I listened to. Sort of that mid-to-high range of sound. That said, they had less resonance at idle than the others, so that was a good thing.

I assume you can do an axle back and not really HAVE to do CAI and a tune til later, si'? I hear the GT500 is set fairly well so that it wouldn't screw around with the mixture too much to just use them for sound for the time being.

bj
Borla doesn't make axle backs or cat backs for the Shelby yet.They can't get their hands on one.They do make it for Steeda,Ford Motor Sports and Roush.Yes that is correct.No Tuner necessary till CAI installed.Everybody real close.Within a month.Yes for the sound,I don't like stock sound for a Shelby.My preference.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Any idea if a CAI and axle-backs have any chance of voiding the factory warranty. I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rpretzel said:
Any idea if a CAI and axle-backs have any chance of voiding the factory warranty. I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

No they do not void your warranty.I don't care what any dealer says.It is acceptable.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
No they do not void your warranty.I don't care what any dealer says.It is acceptable.
Excellent /\ (tenting my fingers like Mr. Burns)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Livernois Motor Sports is where I bought the Axle Backs.They also have a special on Ford Racing Products 8.8 rear ends for a 3.73 gear set for $99.95.There is no stopping me now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Livernois Motor Sports is where I bought the Axle Backs.They also have a special on Ford Racing Products 8.8 rear ends for a 3.73 gear set.There is no stopping me now.
Now we are talking! This is the setup I want (Borla w/ 3.73 or 4.10). I'm sure you all know the somewhat annoying exhaust tone that the 4.6 puts out at about 2300 to 2500 RPM that is highway crusing speed of about 63 to 73 MPH. It makes long trips on the highway long. I'm anxious for someone to report there findings on the new Shelby engine setup. This is the best part of being late on delivery. I can't wait to hear your feedback on your differant combos. Later Gentlemen.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts