Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to pick up a new strut tower brace from Steeda, since options are limited for my 2011.

I had no intention of this making a difference with my suspension setup, but thought it might look nice.

Part is painted matte black in is pretty heavy (16lbs-ish?). Overall, a quality piece. The brace fit like a glove over the strut nuts. Note that you do need to drill out an extra hole if you have castor/camber plates for the castor bolt. That took me an extra 15 minutes or so. If you don't have CC plates, popping the brace on should take about 15-20 minutes.

I'll take it to the dyno next week to see if I picked up any extra HP :wink:

Have a great weekend!

·
Banned
8,945 Posts
That don't look too bad! How's the clearance under the blower? On my FRPP brace it was rubbing. I had to shim it up to make needed room when the engine torques up.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That don't look too bad! How's the clearance under the blower? On my FRPP brace it was rubbing. I had to shim it up to make needed room when the engine torques up.
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the way it looks. Fit over the SC is pretty close...1/4" or so. It doesn't hit when I rev the motor, but I will keep an eye/ear out when I'm driving around.

·
Banned
8,945 Posts
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the way it looks. Fit over the SC is pretty close...1/4" or so. It doesn't hit when I rev the motor, but I will keep an eye/ear out when I'm driving around.
Good idea. mine rubbed a little on both sides. BPS ended up swapping out the case when I had the blower polished. They were gonna grind off the 5.8 logo where it rubbed & sell it to a pre-13 car wanting to go TVS so it all worked out in the end.
That's a good alternative to the discontinued FRPP brace.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Looks really good!! Unfortunately, I don't dare put one on my car....03reptile already says I have too much weight up front......(I think he's talkin' about my car???):laugh:
Looks like your Shelby's left side might be a touch lower than the right........;)

Who's sitting in the driver seat in the picture?

:blockhead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts