Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Good question. I think it goes even deeper than that. Dealers are always going to get that what people are willing to pay and if the economy starts to pick up, they will certainly take a stab at maximizing their profits. :worried: Then again, If it worsens, we'll probably see a lot more MSRP.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It could happen, although I don't see the monster ADMs that we've had in the past. It's been pretty much confirmed that there will be a Shelby-badged Mustang for 2010, but whether that will be a GT500 or some other iteration has not been officially confirmed that I've seen. There are some rumors that the KR engine will become the base engine for a 2010 GT500. But once again, not confirmed.

I would bet that you could do some shopping around and secure a 2009 for MSRP without too much trouble.

The 35 MPG federal mandate has all the OEMs in a tailspin. The days of the high-horsepower V8 are numbered. If you want a GT500, I'd get an '09. It won't be hard to sell if you decide you'd rather have a 2010 when they come out.

Some of the more-connected board members will probably chime in at this point.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think that we will see prices drop. Everyone that wanted to be the first on their block with a GT500 and was willing to pay the high ADM has their GT500.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think that we will see prices drop. Everyone that wanted to be the first on their block with a GT500 and was willing to pay the high ADM has their GT500.
++1- te people that really wanted them (and would pay over MSRP) have there Shelby already....My thought is that the patient people will find them at MSRP......in 2009 and beyond......Supply and demand.... :simmadown:

·
Registered
341 Posts
There are plenty of MSRP deals on the 07 and 08 right now. The 09's will just make them cheaper. I think the cars will sit longer on the dealers lots with today's gas prices. Next year is the 45th anniversary for the Mustang, some say we may see a GT350 and some say the 5.0 is coming back for 2010. Ford is also working on TT's for their 4 and 6 cylinder motors. So it's anyones guess what the future will hold.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well here's the deal I am being offered by local dealer. MSRP for a GT500 vapor/black vert, shaker1000, prem interior, hids. Also trying to get semi-anual payments since my income is based on bonuses.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
++1- te people that really wanted them (and would pay over MSRP) have there Shelby already....My thought is that the patient people will find them at MSRP......in 2009 and beyond......Supply and demand.... :simmadown:
Is there any way that they would drop below msrp?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
There are plenty of MSRP deals on the 07 and 08 right now. The 09's will just make them cheaper. I think the cars will sit longer on the dealers lots with today's gas prices. Next year is the 45th anniversary for the Mustang, some say we may see a GT350 and some say the 5.0 is coming back for 2010. Ford is also working on TT's for their 4 and 6 cylinder motors. So it's anyones guess what the future will hold.

I don't think the people that buy these cars care about gas prices,JMO.:bandit:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Exactly...If you care about gas prices then you are in the wrong market.

Maybe you need to go for the Escape Hybrid instead.

Arbour88

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well we just turned away from an msrp deal to wait for the 2009. We have spent too much $$ this spring( got daughter a car, wife had surg, paid alot of taxes, etc) which left the savings dry. So we have to wait to see what 2009 offers. By this summer/fall we will be able to order one.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Well we just turned away from an msrp deal to wait for the 2009. We have spent too much $$ this spring( got daughter a car, wife had surg, paid alot of taxes, etc) which left the savings dry. So we have to wait to see what 2009 offers. By this summer/fall we will be able to order one.

I am sure you will get one.Hang in there.:bandit:

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
464 Posts
I have a feeling that 2009's will not be a problem to get at MSRP.

Car sales are down as a whole and the economy is supposed to be in the tank.

·
Registered
78 Posts
As it stands now, there are going to be quite a few '08s left if the dealers can't get it thru their heads that the 5 grand and up markup days are gone for the GT500. Went to 10 or 12 dealers before buying and several of the sales people said they understood, but that the dealership would not let them sell them for less than a minimum of 5 grand markup. If you look at ebay, more and more are showing up at sticker price every day.

The guys I feel for are the ones who paid 10 to 15 grand over sticker and are now trying to sell them used on ebay for thousands more than a new one would cost. Not sure why I feel for them because they obviously had the bucks (at least at that time) to pay those prices.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't think the people that buy these cars care about gas prices,JMO.:bandit:
when the consumer has to spend more for the costs of living/gas it makes some think twice about buying a modern day muscle car. thus making the demad lower for these cars, sitting longer in the showroom and possible better deals at MSRP or maybe below. anyway here's the gas prices as of yesterday in LA county,
$4.35/Gal for Regular
$4.45/Gal for Mid grade
$4.55/Gal for Supreme

1 - 17 of 17 Posts