Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Cool Mustang Tony!

Try to hang onto it if you have the space. Most vehicles are sold off when they get a little old and worn, but keep them long enough and they become neat old classics.

I still have the 1989 Mustang GT convertible I bought in 91 when I graduated college. I was dating my wife of 26 years back then before we were married. The car has 116k miles and is standing by for a full restoration. I have already purchased most of the parts needed for the project. I want it to look like it did the day it rolled off the assembly line.

View attachment 196417
View attachment 196418
Regrettably I have to sell it, I don't have room for it. I sure have a lot of great memories in that car, learned a lot about working on Mustangs. I added blue led lights in the interior, it was really beautiful at night.

Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
First stang was a black 85 four eye GT! It died one day in the early 90s when my ex wife pulled out in front of someone and it was bent into a U! Not married long after that馃槂

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
First stang was a black 85 four eye GT! It died one day in the early 90s when my ex wife pulled out in front of someone and it was bent into a U! Not married long after that馃槂
That would have been a cool car to have today.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
You sure so have two beautiful blue Mustangs now, blue is my favorite color. I'm seriously thinking I'd like to put a Candy Apple Blue wrap on my GT500.

Moderator/Admin Dude!

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Got a pic of that color? I haven鈥檛 seen it, but it sounds cool!
No I don't have a pic, I really don't think a pic does the color justice. It's been my experience that the color on my phone isn't very close to reality.

Registered
'11 Sterling Gray GT500 '13 DIB GT Prem. 'Vert.
My first was an '01 Cobra 'vert. I instantly became one of those old farts with a cool car I used to envy when I was a yoot. ;)

Moderator/Admin Dude!
No I don't have a pic, I really don't think a pic does the color justice. It's been my experience that the color on my phone isn't very close to reality.
Love the new sig pic Tony! Thanks for playing. 馃嵒

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
My first was an '01 Cobra 'vert. I instantly became one of those old farts with a cool car I used to envy when I was a yoot. ;)
View attachment 196542
That is a cool car, I see it as an Award for living so long. Something to cheer us up when dealing with the aches and pains of age.

Registered
Discussion Starter #31

Moderator/Admin Dude!

Registered
2010 GT500, Kona Blue/White Stripes
Starter Mustang was an 鈥87 LX hatch with the 5L and the lovely red interior. Pic is not the actual car I had. Only thing I modified was putting in a set of 2nd hand Flowmasters, but I did learn all about replacing a rad & water pump on that car...

Mustang before the Shelby was a 鈥94 GT which had all the bolt ons by the time I was done. Full MAC exhaust, H/C/I, Eibach springs, sway bars etc.
I still miss that OHV 5.0 sound with the mild chop from the cam...

Moderator/Admin Dude!
Starter Mustang was an 鈥87 LX hatch with the 5L and the lovely red interior. Pic is not the actual car I had. Only thing I modified was putting in a set of 2nd hand Flowmasters, but I did learn all about replacing a rad & water pump on that car...
View attachment 196772

Mustang before the Shelby was a 鈥94 GT which had all the bolt ons by the time I was done. Full MAC exhaust, H/C/I, Eibach springs, sway bars etc.
View attachment 196773
Those would have been fun cars to keep.

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
View attachment 196772

View attachment 196773
When I was in the Navy a friend of mine had a White 5.0 Foxbody, I was really impressed that he could smoke the tires with 4 adults weighing down the car.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
When I was in the Navy a friend of mine had a White 5.0 Foxbody, I was really impressed that he could smoke the tires with 4 adults weighing down the car.
The horsepower of my 89 was officially listed as 225, but it had 300 lb ft of torque. Considering the cars weighed roughly 3000-3300 pounds and didn鈥檛 have much weight in the back, it made for a fun car to drive.

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
I pulled my 07 Mustang GT into the garage last night, getting it cleaned up to sell. My 2010 GT500 is outside in the driveway while I donthis, don't have room for 2 vehicles. I've modded the 07 a lot, I feel reluctant to mod my GT500 as much as I did my 07 GT. Anyone else feel the same reluctance to drill holes in their hoods , for hood pins and other potentially disastrous mods on a clean new car?

Moderator/Admin Dude!
I pulled my 07 Mustang GT into the garage last night, getting it cleaned up to sell. My 2010 GT500 is outside in the driveway while I donthis, don't have room for 2 vehicles. I've modded the 07 a lot, I feel reluctant to mod my GT500 as much as I did my 07 GT. Anyone else feel the same reluctance to drill holes in their hoods , for hood pins and other potentially disastrous mods on a clean new car?
I personally like to stick with reversible mods and if I do mod something, I typically buy a backup to have for later. So, drilling holes in hoods is not my thing, but I do admit hood pins look good... plus they are functional by securing the hood better at speed.

Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
Bought a '98 6 cyl black mustang in '05. Did nothing to it because I was 18 and broke. Lol! Went to visit my girlfriend in another state and while i was gone my Dad got into an accident in it an totalled it. I owned it less than a year. Accident wasnt his fault. A 3 row Tahoe decided it needed to cross from the fast lane of a 4 lane highway to the exit lane with no signal and slammed on her brakes to make the exit. Dad plowed right into her. I came home and was very upset about the car, but glad he was ok after seeing the destruction.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts