Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9 hours ago
I have a 07 Mustang GT, I've had it 7 years and it had 73k on it when I bought it. It now has 153k on it but lots of highway miles, been on Hot Rod Power Tour 4 times with her. The list of mods is long, but the Main ones are. Cut open the hood for a Shaker hood scoop, Spectre CAI, SCT Bluetooth tuner, Eibach 2in lower suspension, Eibach shocks.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,784 Posts
9 hours ago
I have a 07 Mustang GT, I've had it 7 years and it had 73k on it when I bought it. It now has 153k on it but lots of highway miles, been on Hot Rod Power Tour 4 times with her. The list of mods is long, but the Main ones are. Cut open the hood for a Shaker hood scoop, Spectre CAI, SCT Bluetooth tuner, Eibach 2in lower suspension, Eibach shocks.
View attachment 196413
Cool Mustang Tony!

Try to hang onto it if you have the space. Most vehicles are sold off when they get a little old and worn, but keep them long enough and they become neat old classics.

I still have the 1989 Mustang GT convertible I bought in 91 when I graduated college. I was dating my wife of 26 years back then before we were married. The car has 116k miles and is standing by for a full restoration. I have already purchased most of the parts needed for the project. I want it to look like it did the day it rolled off the assembly line.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
967 Posts
My first. A 1997 GT. Sold it to my brother last year with 65k miles. So it is still in the family. Told him if he ever decided or needed to sell I get dibbs.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,784 Posts
My first. A 1997 GT. Sold it to my brother last year with 65k miles. So it is still in the family. Told him if he ever decided or needed to sell I get dibbs. View attachment 196419
Great sig pic Jon! 🤟

Thanks for playing in “Feb is YOU in your sig pic” month!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
1995 Mustang GT - Bought it for $2500 with a blown 2nd gear in the transmission, BBK headers and full exhaust, fuel pump, and fuel pressure regulator. Immediately tore into it and did a full suspension, head/cam/intake package, and some interior and exterior mods to make it my own.

Day I brought it home - those wheels were gone in an hour.

Mid-suspension upgrade

Right before I sold it

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
1995 Mustang GT - Bought it for $2500 with a blown 2nd gear in the transmission, BBK headers and full exhaust, fuel pump, and fuel pressure regulator. Immediately tore into it and did a full suspension, head/cam/intake package, and some interior and exterior mods to make it my own.

Day I brought it home - those wheels were gone in an hour.

Mid-suspension upgrade

Right before I sold it
How nicely the GT500 hood vent goes with the way you styled the car. Diggin' It!

·
Premium Member
7,696 Posts
My first Mustang was a 1966 Fastback 2+2 ... bought it for $600 ... had Earl Scheib paint it dark blue for $39.95 .... added white "Shelby stripes" in my rented apartment garage with Krylon rattle can .... put on headers with side exit exhaust .... drove it for a year and then sold it for $1200. (if only we could go back in time .... :) )

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
How nicely the GT500 hood vent goes with the way you styled the car. Diggin' It!
It was remarkable. With a little coaxing it naturally adapted to the curve in the SN95 hood, fit between the hood lines, and even lined up properly over the belt drive portion of the engine bay to allow for maximum heat extraction potential. It was like it belonged there all along.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,784 Posts
Thanks goose! How hard was it to find some NOS parts for your fox?
I didn’t search for NOS parts. I bought most of the stuff from CJ Pony Parts, but also got some from LMR, NPD and foxresto. I do see NOS parts on eBay periodically though. If I did a NOS resto on my 89, I’d have waaaay more money in the car than what it was worth.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes nos fox parts aren't cheap! I did have some luck on craigslist and other local classifieds, if I see something decently priced I'll squirrel it away.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 42 Posts