Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pictures of a prototype heat shield for the starter.Someone asked me to post these but for the life of me I can't remember who(tough getting old).I installed Kooks long tube headers and made this to protect the windings in the starter.I put it on once in the spring time but never got around to installing it,yet.It does fit but like everything else on this car there is not much room.Once the headers were on I just wanted to drive it,plus my hands were in need of some rest.I will install in the winter when I have nothing but time.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
These are pictures of a prototype heat shield for the starter.Someone asked me to post these but for the life of me I can't remember who(tough getting old).I installed Kooks long tube headers and made this to protect the windings in the starter.I put it on once in the spring time but never got around to installing it,yet.It does fit but like everything else on this car there is not much room.Once the headers were on I just wanted to drive it,plus my hands were in need of some rest.I will install in the winter when I have nothing but time.
Fred, you do good work. When ya gonna retire from Big Blue and mod 500 s
for the rest of us ?

Thanks for the photos.

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
I think 07 SHELBY was going to install the blanket as well could be wrong though.:confused:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I think he is just going to leave it in the trunk and every time someone looks under the vehicle, ask them to install it while they are under there. Sound familiar?:D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think 07 SHELBY was going to install the blanket as well could be wrong though.:confused:

Yes Kerry you are right.It is kevlar and ?(I don't remember right now) and it is the same type of application as Shelbysvt is going to do.This shield I made goes over the blanket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts