Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is interest, I can have stainless steel brake lines done for the Shelby GT500. If you do replace your factory brake lines, then it is a good idea to upgrade your brake fluid. There are several good brands worth looking in to, such ast ATE Super Blue Wet Boiling point 392F, Motul RBS 600 Wet Boiling Point 421F. Brembo LCF 600 Wet Boiling Point 399F.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Chalk me up for one in the "interest" category.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
On my last ride, Stianless lines made a huge difference over the factory rubber, no place for expansion, leads to a much tighter feel.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Count me in.

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
I always switch out rubber brake lines on my morotcycles for Steel lines.

Makes sense to do the same on a car.

what's the price on these?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Does it matter?

Just pull out the card buddy.:D

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
If there is interest, I can have stainless steel brake lines done for the Shelby GT500. If you do replace your factory brake lines, then it is a good idea to upgrade your brake fluid. There are several good brands worth looking in to, such ast ATE Super Blue Wet Boiling point 392F, Motul RBS 600 Wet Boiling Point 421F. Brembo LCF 600 Wet Boiling Point 399F.
Please add me to your list Jerry

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK - thanks to all for your responses... I will send off factory lines to the mfg to have stainless steel lines made. I should have sets available by mid to late February. Jerry

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

What is the time frame on this product, I'm ready?

Is it similar to this...

http://www.steeda.com/products/stainless_steel_brake_hoses.php

I'd like to support our vendors instead.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe all that needs to be replaced is the hoses, rather than buying the clamps which are already on the Shelby. Kit is being made now and will be verified by Shelby owner, hopefully by March 1st.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I believe all that needs to be replaced is the hoses, rather than buying the clamps which are already on the Shelby. Kit is being made now and will be verified by Shelby owner, hopefully by March 1st.

Jerry, if this is a quality product I am ready as soon as you are.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm ready, too.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts