Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Fred for all of the advice at the shop on saturday. I installed the stage one and it's running great! I have one question, when I install the 100 octane tune, do i need to re-install the stock tunes first? Hold a slot for the september 18th event at cecil.

Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
You lucky devil. My SCT only has one tune. 91 octane is all we get in my area. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that each tune is separate and would require you to return to the stock tune before loading the different tune. Just don't start the car with the OEM tune in it with the CAI kit on it.

That 100 octane would really help in this desert heat. Along with the dual fan heat exchanger.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Thanks Fred for all of the advice at the shop on saturday. I installed the stage one and it's running great! I have one question, when I install the 100 octane tune, do i need to re-install the stock tunes first? Hold a slot for the september 18th event at cecil.

Thanks, Jeff
Jeff,

You do not have to return the car to stock between tunes. Just choose the tune you wish to install, it will erase the files in the ecu and install the selected tune.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts