Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got done yesterday at evolution performance...they installed the stage 3 package (Heat exchanger, 160mm throttle body, C&L intake, Sct programmer,colder spark plugs, 2.6" upper pulley, 4lb. lower pulley, auxillery idler kit, 10 rib belt) also had a borla stinger exhaust done.(removed the cats). a Moroso coolant resevior tank. and suspension upgrades done. The car dynos 626 rwhp and 626 ft. pounds of torque. Alsohad M/T et street drag radials instaled. Going to the track today, to see what she will run.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Holy Smoke!

That's a HUGE upgrade from stock!

Have fun, be safe, and tell us what you run (what are the details on the tires?)

TD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
went to the track tonight...the temp was cold as hell...i ran a 11.4 at 127mph, on street tune and 93 octane. the tires were impressive. i ran them at 18 psi.. Prob. going to the track friday and am going to run my race tune with c16 race fuel, should be better time.

·
Registered
429 Posts
do you still have stock gears?

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
went to the track tonight...the temp was cold as hell...i ran a 11.4 at 127mph, on street tune and 93 octane. the tires were impressive. i ran them at 18 psi.. Prob. going to the track friday and am going to run my race tune with c16 race fuel, should be better time.
Excellent! And I see you are doing it with the factory blower. Tuned right they can get the job done even with the weight to contend with. These engines seem to have a nice topend charge. My '70 runs 10.6 at 129 and you're running 127. Its kinda neat how the power band works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks....no gears yet..they are comming. gotta go one step at a time. Next will be the gears and a line lock. Probally going in a week or two. about three days ago i had the one piece aluminum drive shaft and drive shaft loop installed...Wow what a diff in weight and i have even more torque.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are there no problems in launching and while WOT at 2nd or 3rd gear with this amount of power?

I'm not speaking of a dragstrip, but on the normal tarmac/street, isn't the acceleration affected negatively (becouse of a wheel spin), while changing to shorter (3.73) gears?

·
Registered
11 Posts
if i may ask, what suspension upgrades did you have done with your stage3? also, what did they charge you for installation?? thanks

Hey guys just got done yesterday at evolution performance...they installed the stage 3 package (Heat exchanger, 160mm throttle body, C&L intake, Sct programmer,colder spark plugs, 2.6" upper pulley, 4lb. lower pulley, auxillery idler kit, 10 rib belt) also had a borla stinger exhaust done.(removed the cats). a Moroso coolant resevior tank. and suspension upgrades done. The car dynos 626 rwhp and 626 ft. pounds of torque. Alsohad M/T et street drag radials instaled. Going to the track today, to see what she will run.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Evolution says the aluminum one piece driveshaft weights 30lbs less than the stock 2 peice, remember this is a weight loss in rotating mass, which is much better than just weight off the car! (what are the details on the tires?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts