1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Anyone interested in getting together for some pics and a short
drive on Saturday? We are trying to get different colors. So far we have
Black, White, Blue, and Red. I will be posting the time and place to meet on Friday evening.
Get the SHELBY'S out of the garage!

Thanks

·
Registered
641 Posts
I missed the 11/4 thing too and this thread. I'm in St. Louis, so lets do this whenever we don't have 6 inches of snow on the ground like we do right now. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am ready. Hopefully the weather will hold out for me on Jan 2. I am looking forward to bringing the Shelby home.... We also have a 06 GT Convertible that was purchased after a test drive to determine if a GT500 Convertible would be a good ride. I decided on a coupe after my wife decided she wanted the convertible we were in a teat drive just to see how the airflow was on the new body(05-08) stangs. We finally got a good deal on a new 08 and decided I should just wait until Jan 02 for delivery considering I most likely would not be putzing around in snowy or wet weather.... I hate to see what the Pers Prop Taxes are going to be...

·
Registered
20 Posts
:D :D :D Picked up the new Mustang Yesterday....The power is simply amazing.... I did notice a little hood flutter at about 110. Is this common? I am ready for a sunny picture day now.

·
Registered
861 Posts
:D :D :D Picked up the new Mustang Yesterday....The power is simply amazing.... I did notice a little hood flutter at about 110. Is this common? I am ready for a sunny picture day now.
Yes it is very normal. the hood is made of Alumiunim(spelling). I noticed it too when I first got mine. It actually made me slow down. And then when I got to where I was going I checked to see if the hood was latched. It was.

VERY NORMAL!
JJ

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I've read that you can adjust your rubber hood stops to get out of the problem. I assume they adjusted them upward so that they contacted the bottom of the hood.

Cal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Abour88,
Yes its a GT500.... Six months of looking and dealing I finally sold the AC Cobra Kit I had and a 1970 302 Boss Motor I have had for a long time along with the correct Boss toploader and I made a nice deposit on the Shelby.......

·
Registered
20 Posts
It was nice and partly sunny yesterday and we needed to go to St.Charles. We took the Shelby and low and behold it started to rain...Damned second day I own the car and I get caught out in the rain... I guess when it happes to be raining cats and dogs the shock of it being in the rain will be over with...

·
Registered
641 Posts
[email protected] St. Louis weather! I know all about it.:mad: I haven't seen very many Shelbys in St. Louis over the past couple of years. It will be nice to see someone else out there who owns one.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who is all planning on going to the 2nd annual SHELBY FEST in Hermann? It will be in April.

Happy New Year
Max

·
Registered
96 Posts
To all St.Louis area GT500 owners, if you would PM me your email address to be added to a list of all of the St.Louis & Metro area GT500 owners list. I and a few others often send out emails to all for local meets & gatherings. The last meet & gathering was 10-13-07. You guys can go here to see previous pictures of our gatherings http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?LSR#thewebsite

There might be another gather before Shelby Fest 2008 which is scheduled on Sat. April 19th. I have arranged for everyone to meet on Fri. the 18th to go to the local Drag Strip GIR for a evening of Drag racing for those who want to challenge one another for fun. One of the guys in our now 43 Shelby owners list has rights to one of the suites in the Drag Tower for those whom will bring their family along with them.

Be sure to click on the link above to see pictures of or recent gatherings. I look forward to getting PM's from you guys to add to the list. I myself live in Shiloh, IL off I-64 exit 16 which is a couple of exits from the known Fairview Hts. I as well as others on the list are always eager to bring our cars out, so getting a chance to get together to meet new comers to our group will be cool.

:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Who is all planning on going to the 2nd annual SHELBY FEST in Hermann, MO? It will be in April.

Happy New Year
Max
I am there for sure Max, and look like I have maybe a couple coming from Ohio this year to hangout with us.

Last year we had GT500 owners from the following states: MO,IL,TN,& IN. I think we will have them come as far as TX,MI,WI,NV,& IA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts