Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,272 Posts
I have found that importing a 2011, 12 or 13 can be done at about the same price as the supersnake. How do they fit into the mix? Obviously the 13 has the trinity engine, but power put aside (as all can be tuned), is there a night and day handling difference from the old supersnake to the newer base cars?

The biggest differences between the 2011-2014 and the earlier cars are the engine is aluminum (lighter) and they have electronic power steering. There are quite a few other differences as well that you’ll find searching on this forum.

Reactions: Theking

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I have found that importing a 2011, 12 or 13 can be done at about the same price as the supersnake. How do they fit into the mix? Obviously the 13 has the trinity engine, but power put aside (as all can be tuned), is there a night and day handling difference from the old supersnake to the newer base cars?

IMO there are not enough performance differences between a 2007 SS and a stock 13-14. It seems odd that the low mileage SS is the same price as you see them listed here for around $60,000 US. If they are they same money, I take the SS every time. It is the perfect mix of performance and cosmetic mods. It is the most copied car when owners mods their stock GT500. The SS wheels and hood are iconic to the S197 cars. I’m posting a photo of @Robert M car. Not sure how you could go wrong. If you can send me the VIN and CSM, I’ll have SAI run it to confirm that it is a SS.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
IMO there are not enough performance differences between a 2007 SS and a stock 13-14. It seems odd that the low mileage SS is the same price as you see them listed here for around $60,000 US. If they are they same money, I take the SS every time. It is the perfect mix of performance and cosmetic mods. It is the most copied car when owners mods their stock GT500. The SS wheels and hood are iconic to the S197 cars. I’m posting a photo of @Robert M car. Not sure how you could go wrong. If you can send me the VIN and CSM, I’ll have SAI run it to confirm that it is a SS.
View attachment 202049

The super snake is my favorite, lovely car. The one I'm looking at is an 07 605hp version, blue. Are the super snakes actually more expensive then the 2014 gt500 in the US? If that's the case the super snake got even more interesting now..

I'll pm you info on the snake. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
It depends on mileage on both. I see 2013/2014 models with asking prices from $40,000-$55,000. There are some great low mile cars available.

I would recommend searching the Classified section on this forum. You might also consider joining the Shelby GT500 Classified Buy, Sell Trade Facebook page. Both will give you an idea if pricing in the US.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It depends on mileage on both. I see 2013/2014 models with asking prices from $40,000-$55,000. There are some great low mile cars available.

I would recommend searching the Classified section on this forum. You might also consider joining the Shelby GT500 Classified Buy, Sell Trade Facebook page. Both will give you an idea if pricing in the US.
I have searched a lot, but haven't really found any super snakes for sale.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
The super snake is my favorite, lovely car. The one I'm looking at is an 07 605hp version, blue. Are the super snakes actually more expensive then the 2014 gt500 in the US? If that's the case the super snake got even more interesting now..

I'll pm you info on the snake. Thanks.
I believe that @f2redpot has a Super Snake that he races and tracks all the time with very enjoyable results. He seems to REALLY ENJOY his car ... maybe he'll chime in soon ???

·
Registered
346 Posts
If I were faced with the same decision I would go with the S197 GT350. Very rare, especially after Ford crushed a bunch of them in 2015 as the new GT350's were coming into production.

No matter what the configuration is of the '14 GT350, I would choose it.....and I own a 2013 SuperSnake ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If I were faced with the same decision I would go with the S197 GT350. Very rare, especially after Ford crushed a bunch of them in 2015 as the new GT350's were coming into production.

No matter what the configuration is of the '14 GT350, I would choose it.....and I own a 2013 SuperSnake ;)
They are rare indeed, almost to rare as nobody knows what it is 😅 this one is nice, grabber blue, 614hp, Ford racing suspension and so on. hey actually crushed a bunch? Auch..

I Must admit the 350 is probably the wiser choice, but that 07 super snake has grown on me, with that raw super snake look.. The 350 looks.. I don't know. Like a toy car? I don't know. It's the closest car to me, so I'm going to go check it out. But I really find it hard to let that 07 go...

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
They are rare indeed, almost to rare as nobody knows what it is 😅 this one is nice, grabber blue, 614hp, Ford racing suspension and so on. hey actually crushed a bunch? Auch..

I Must admit the 350 is probably the wiser choice, but that 07 super snake has grown on me, with that raw super snake look.. The 350 looks.. I don't know. Like a toy car? I don't know. It's the closest car to me, so I'm going to go check it out. But I really find it hard to let that 07 go...
Sounds like you'd better buy the 07 Super Snake ... it's what you'll have to look at and drive for a long time. If you REALLY like the way it looks, you'll ADAPT to the way it drives, especially since you aren't going to be "racing" it, it doesn't have to be the best setup in the world. Some of my most favorite cars have been "sub-par" in the performance department, but the killer looks made me drive it much more often !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sounds like you'd better buy the 07 Super Snake ... it's what you'll have to look at and drive for a long time. If you REALLY like the way it looks, you'll ADAPT to the way it drives, especially since you aren't going to be "racing" it, it doesn't have to be the best setup in the world. Some of my most favorite cars have been "sub-par" in the performance department, but the killer looks made me drive it much more often !!
View attachment 202117 View attachment 202118
I can agree to that, also sometimes the fun is to get to know and drive within the cars limits.

I think I need to do the painful 10h drive to look at the ss after I have looked at the gt350. Test drive both. Then decide. Pictures can be deceiving.

Also there is the cayote with mt85 vs 5.4 with a tremec thing. My85 has had some poor reputation, is the transmission a problem?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts