Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced two GT 500's with my Jeep. Both were on eigth mile. I have cold air and programmer on Jeep. I beat first GT by about a foot and he was coming on hard. Elevation of 3500 feet, my time was 8.7 and his 8.6 . I got him on reaction and 60 foot pretty good. By comparison I have run a best of 8,6 on hot day with stock 02 Z06. Best time of 7.5 with stock 08 Z06. Other race was at 1700 feet elevation , beat GT again by about a foot. My time was 8.2 and his was similar. He had pulley,programmer,intake and drag radials. He had some shifting problems. Haven't run my GT 500 yet but I will when the tracks open around here. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm not too surprised by this and why I hate 1/8th mile drag racing. I think my F-250 could hold its own on the 1/8th mile too, but the 1/4 is where you really start to see what a vehicle will really do. You can have two vehicles that are similar on the 1/8th, but nearly 2 seconds apart or more on the 1/4. That's a big difference and why I personally won't compare vehicles on 1/8th mile runs. Unfortunately talks keep coming up at drag strips across the country to go to the 1/8th mile format for safety reasons.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I raced two GT 500's with my Jeep. Both were on eigth mile. I have cold air and programmer on Jeep. I beat first GT by about a foot and he was coming on hard. Elevation of 3500 feet, my time was 8.7 and his 8.6 . I got him on reaction and 60 foot pretty good. By comparison I have run a best of 8,6 on hot day with stock 02 Z06. Best time of 7.5 with stock 08 Z06. Other race was at 1700 feet elevation , beat GT again by about a foot. My time was 8.2 and his was similar. He had pulley,programmer,intake and drag radials. He had some shifting problems. Haven't run my GT 500 yet but I will when the tracks open around here. Should be interesting.
I got my hat handed to be by a Jeep SRT8 a few weeks ago. They (Jeep) are screamers out of the hole, AWD is awesome. . Unless you’re running slicks against one, you’re losing.
But, it's another story on the other end........

DJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have both - my Jeep SRT-8 is much quicker out of the hole - on the street short race my jeep would beat my GT500, but if the race has any length to it the GT500 would walk my Jeep pretty bad. From a role the Jeep isn't that great, from a dig is where it's at it's best.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jeep's Grand Cherokee, already a powerful player with the available 330-hp, 5.7-liter V-8, emerged from Chrysler's Street and Racing Technology fitness regimen as a sport-ute with plenty of sport. In the engine bay sits a 6.1-liter Hemi V-8, coupled to a five-speed automatic transmission and full-time four-wheel drive, that produces a whopping 420 horsepower.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Jeep's Grand Cherokee, already a powerful player with the available 330-hp, 5.7-liter V-8, emerged from Chrysler's Street and Racing Technology fitness regimen as a sport-ute with plenty of sport. In the engine bay sits a 6.1-liter Hemi V-8, coupled to a five-speed automatic transmission and full-time four-wheel drive, that produces a whopping 420 horsepower.
Thanks for the advertisement.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yup, the Jeep is no joke. They will toast a good majority of performance cars up to about 80mph. Most who race a GCSRT8 from a dig will lose, from a roll at over 30mph and the outcome might be different.

A longer race that allows each car to get up over 80mph, then the GCSRT8's gearing becomes it's downfall.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I run 7.443 @ 95.90 1/8 mile on the stock F1s, You might cut me the first 60'
but when I hit second gear it would be all over.

·
Registered
806 Posts
That's an early stage 4. Mine doesn't have the MB/TB and the 4# lower pulley.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts