Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We had a great turnout for today's Detail Clinic! It was good to see enthusiasts from several different clubs/forums including the Colorado Shelby Club (CSC), Rocky Mountain Region Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) Colorado, Looking Glass Corvette Association (LGCA), Colorado Dodge Challengers Club (CDCC), Chevy SS Forum, Tacoma World (TW), and an Adam's enthusiast from Los Angeles who drove 17 hours to attend!

Hosted by my good friend Adam Pitale and the professional detailing team from Adam's Polishes, the day started with a tour of the Adam's facility and operations, followed by the Clinic itself. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, learned at least a little, and took advantage of generous discounts offered to attendees.

One of CSC's newest member's 2011 GT500 was chosen to be detailed during the demonstration. It left looking better than when it arrived and the owner took home a load of Adam's products, in appreciation for letting them use his car!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
So is it geared towards people that have no detailing experience that want to start, or just to showcase new products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So is it geared towards people that have no detailing experience that want to start, or just to showcase new products?
Neither. Clinics are open to people of all detailing experience levels. Demos walk attendees through the entire process including washing (including wheels and engine), drying, claying, masking/dressing trim, polishing, and sealing/coating. Questions addressed range from very basic to advanced. Products used range from time-tested (e.g., Detail Spray) to new (e.g., the new Ceramic line). Many I've attended include time at the end for attendees to get personalized advice/assistance regarding issues they have with their own cars.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I love their products, but hate that they are always introducing something new, lol. Because now I have to try the new product and I don’t end up using what I already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I love their products, but hate that they are always introducing something new, lol. Because now I have to try the new product and I don’t end up using what I already have.
They DO have a habit of introducing/re-introducing "new" products pretty regularly. (The latest example is "new" All-Purpose Cleaner that strongly resembles the APC that was discontinued several months ago.) As long as your chemicals are stored correctly (i.e., kept between 40'F-80'F and out of sunlight), there's rarely a good reason to dispose of "old" stuff in favor on new. I, therefore, recommend using what you already have before spending money on "new" stuff.

If you just can't help yourself, there are plenty of us who'd be happy to take the "old" stuff off your hands... :wink:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts