Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotted: 2020 Shelby Signature Series - Only 50 Made - Looks Beautiful (At least 10 Signatures and Counting)

2020+ 
2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  69bossnine 
#1 ·
Spotted one of these 2020 Shelby Signature Series today, beautiful car, must have been brand new or got it's plates stolen. My only criticism (because it's not mine), is that I counted at least 10 Carroll Shelby signatures on the car (Exterior: 2 on each side, 1 on the spoiler, 1 on the rear badge. Interior: 1 on each seat, 1 on each floor mat) and I'm sure there are more I missed. I get it, having his signature on a car is prized by many but you know someone in the marketing department took that and thought, if 1 is good why not 10+!

Other than that criticism fed solely by jealousy, the overall look and interior is amazing and there is no shortage of gauges or carbon fiber on the dash.

Limited to a production run of just 50 and starting at $127,795, I consider myself lucky to have seen one in person.

See less See more
#5 ·
Kind of reminds me of the old Pontiacs with the dual hood scoops.

Reactions: Goose17
#6 ·
Overall, I like it. Especially the nose treatment and headlights.

Too bad they are so dang expensive with not a whole lot on the back end to be recouped for your initial investment. I guess that means look for one gently used in a couple years.

#9 ·
That's a lot of cabbage for a hood that I despise, and computer-generated scribbling all over and inside my car. Put a stock hood back on it, lose the stripes and the scribbling, and I'd reconsider. But all-in-all, the true supermodel in the above photos is the orange GT500. Well spec'd sir!! :)

#10 ·
I read on their webpage that the front aluminum Fenders and Endura nose are their own proprietary pieces.

I can imagine the cost for the tooling necessary to make those were not cheap.

#11 ·
There must be a supplier out there with a giant-sized CNC, that's perfected the art of going straight from the computer drawings to rendering cheap limited-lifespan Kirksite tooling for molding plastic and stamping aluminum in short runs on-site.

Because I've been wondering the same thing with regards to Saleen and Roush for years, given their relatively tiny volumes, yet high-quality and excellent fitting fascias and hoods and whatnot.

#12 ·
I wonder if they all use the same supplier?

#13 ·
I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.