Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
9,005 Posts
Totally different animal. I am assuming he is wanting a 2020+ as these two tires come stock. IMO, the TC, SC and drive modes on the 2020+ are very good. It really isn’t that easy to spin the tires on these cars. You have to be in the right setting and try to spin them. They do spin in cold weather easily. The 4s are a much better tire if you are not going to track it. They last much longer with double the tread wear rating. They actually do all right in the rain as well.
My '21 with the 4s doesn't take much effort to light up. We don't necessarily drive the same roads or conditions. TC does do a much better job of getting it under control with this later car than the '12. I had MPSS on my '12 previously, which are the predecessor of the 4s, and it's quite a bit of difference with the SC2 from a traction standpoint. I leave TC on in the '12. The car doesn't care.

My point was more directed at short term tires on a car that might not accumulate a lot ofmiles. But there are trade offs. The 4s is all around quieter and smoother, but is likely to get 3-4 times the miles of the softer compound. I do get a bit more tramlining with the SC2 too. And picks up small rocks and road debris a whole lot easier if that's a concern.

·
Registered
2021 GT500-2.85 griptech pulley/long tube headers/JLT Intake/1050x Injectors
588 Posts
All relative, but I’m blown away how well this car puts power down on the stock tire at my power level. Throttle modulation is a given of course but regardless very impressive indeed. It’s a perfect backroad / street toy the way it is.
That is why I opted for a 200hp upgrade!🤯

·
Registered
2021 GT500-2.85 griptech pulley/long tube headers/JLT Intake/1050x Injectors
588 Posts
I’m at 824 wheel, mild compared to most builds but perfect for me.
I’m 852 rwhp. I love it and don’t want anymore. IMO it’s a safe hp upgrade

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.