Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Registered
2020 GT500
For 2020 GT500 owners who didn鈥檛 get the handling package or CFTP, you can add the splitter wickers... they must be some high quality plastics! 馃槵

View attachment 203133
Does anyone have a link to the supplier of the OEM Side Wickers? Dealer wants $279 apiece. Thank you!

Registered
2020 Shelby GT 500
That is a huge mark up. My insurance company paid the dealer body shop $120.90 for my replacement...

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Does anyone have a link to the supplier of the OEM Side Wickers? Dealer wants $279 apiece. Thank you!
Call AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake MN.

Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
I just looked it up on Tasca, $188, each. That's about what Blue Oval Ind wants for the pair.

Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
馃え

Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
Looks like they make it up in the shipping lol. Well played

Reactions: Goose17

Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
Whaaaaaaat??? That's insane!

Registered
2021 GT500
Like Goose said, try Autonation White Bear Lake. Ordered mine from them. They鈥檙e back ordered, so be prepared for a very long wait!

Registered
2020 Shelby GT 500
MPR is out of everything right now except rear defusers. They make good stuff but out of stock like most of the businesses in the US...

Registered
Hello,

I have a 2021 GT500 arriving in about two months and was looking to order the gurney flap and wicker splitters; I tried adding the Handling Pack a few days after my order but it was already locked in and unable to be added. I read all the previous posts about this part but when I went to my dealer to order, they said they think those wicker splitters require a "sport bumper" with added support; they also said a customer had added those and high speeds and the downforce cause the front end and headlight to get damaged. Personally, I told them that sounds a bit far fetched and I've read nothing about that simple part needing additional added support and was under the impression those provided upforce around the wheel well and not downforce around the bumper.. I believe they are mistaken, but I want some help from anyone who knows better than I.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hello,

I have a 2021 GT500 arriving in about two months and was looking to order the gurney flap and wicker splitters; I tried adding the Handling Pack a few days after my order but it was already locked in and unable to be added. I read all the previous posts about this part but when I went to my dealer to order, they said they think those wicker splitters require a "sport bumper" with added support; they also said a customer had added those and high speeds and the downforce cause the front end and headlight to get damaged. Personally, I told them that sounds a bit far fetched and I've read nothing about that simple part needing additional added support and was under the impression those provided upforce around the wheel well and not downforce around the bumper.. I believe they are mistaken, but I want some help from anyone who knows better than I.
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new 500! Your dealer is clueless. The front fascia are all the same on the GT500s. You can always order from a discount place like AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake MN or Tasca.

If you are up for introducing yourself, you鈥檒l find our new member area here:

Registered
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new 500! Your dealer is clueless. The front fascia are all the same on the GT500s. You can always order from a discount place like AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake MN or Tasca.

If you are up for introducing yourself, you鈥檒l find our new member area here:

Thanks for the help I figured they were wrong and the customer's "story" might not be the truth. Once I get the car I'll do a proper introduction because right now I'm just a poser.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Thanks for the help I figured they were wrong and the customer's "story" might not be the truth. Once I get the car I'll do a proper introduction because right now I'm just a poser.
Holler if you have any questions about the car or forum.

Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
Hello,

Lol well like Goose said he鈥檚 clueless. The entire point of the wickers and gurney flap is to help provide downforce during track events which include high-speeds. Goose himself has run his CFTP at triple digit speeds on track days and has not made any mention of damage caused by having those parts installed and you can bet he鈥檇 be letting everyone know if they did.

Reactions: Goose17

Moderator/Admin Dude!
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Goose himself has run his CFTP at triple digit speeds on track days and has not made any mention of damage caused by having those parts installed and you can bet he鈥檇 be letting everyone know if they did.
Yes! No issues whatsoever... speed tested to 175.

Registered
Does anyone know what the stock plastic splitter with the 鈥漇HELBY鈥 on it cost or the part #?
I dont need one but was curious what it cost since I cant find it online.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Does anyone know what the stock plastic splitter with the 鈥漇HELBY鈥 on it cost or the part #?
I dont need one but was curious what it cost since I cant find it online.
It鈥檚 been awhile since I last checked, but it was somewhere close to a grand from what I recall. It鈥檚 not cheap obviously鈥 this is why I highly recommend these:

Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
The GT350 one is about $450 on OEM parts stores but they don鈥檛 list the K3RZ number associated with the GT500 one.

Registered
2021 GT500
I'm on the fence of getting some, I browsed the Autonation web page, but the price didn't seem to be discounted, do I have to call them?

41 - 60 of 61 Posts