21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Where do u order the Gurney flap at ? Thanks
Welcome to the forum Cody! 🍻

I order all my parts that can be shipped from AutoNation Ford in White Bear Lake MN. They do cost +10%, which is usually the best price around.

If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
2021 GT500
456 Posts
Well, I had my order canceled by one dealer and then placed an order with Autonation WBL and they said back order date unknown. They’ll let me know something in about a month. Man, now I’m really kicking myself in the ass for not ordering the handling pack from the get go.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I had my order canceled by one dealer and then placed an order with Autonation WBL and they said back order date unknown. They’ll let me know something in about a month. Man, now I’m really kicking myself in the ass for not ordering the handling pack from the get go.
Not to worry, you can add the 3 pieces that make up the handling package after the fact (once parts are available). It’s not like the cars are different.

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Ford Performance oil separator is really maintenance free? That being said, where does all the leftover oil go? Sorry if it’s a dumb question.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,838 Posts
The Ford Performance oil separator is really maintenance free? That being said, where does all the leftover oil go? Sorry if it’s a dumb question.
I believe the FP oil separator is re-circulated back into the engine. The JLT (most popular) is emptied.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I believe the FP oil separator is re-circulated back into the engine. The JLT (most popular) is emptied.
Yes! The Ford separator is a “fire and forget missile.” The oil is separated and returned right back where it came from.

Reactions: Chach805

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
377 Posts
Apparently the splitter wickers are now out of stock lol.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Apparently the splitter wickers are now out of stock lol.
This is the case with many of the 2020 GT500 parts. I guess parts suppliers are doing all they can to supply the factory with parts for production. I’ve seen 2020 GT500s on Facebook sitting for months waiting for parts.

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
2021 GT500
456 Posts
Well hell, just got a notification wickers were pushed back to 3/2 from Ford. Maybe I’ll see my set this year? Feel bad for the guys that got 2 left or 2 right wickers thrown in their trunk from the factory!

·
Registered
2021 CFTP, 2019 Raptor
133 Posts
how much downforce to the splitter wickers account for? i know the gurney flap is 380 pounds and the wing is over 500 pounds at high speed. i was just curious how much force come from the fronts and if its really noticable or not if they are on or off

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
how much downforce to the splitter wickers account for? i know the gurney flap is 380 pounds and the wing is over 500 pounds at high speed. i was just curious how much force come from the fronts and if its really noticable or not if they are on or off
This has not been published anywhere that I have seen. I have only driven cars with them installed, so I cannot compare/contrast.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT 500
16 Posts
Does anyone know what if the factory oil separator puts the oil back into the crankcase that it would be illegal in California? My dealer wouldn't put it on because they said it was for racing only and not legal for street use in California. Does anyone know if this is BS or is there a reason. Not that California needs a reason for stupid laws...

I am two waiting for one left wicker that got two close to a curb. Been 4 months... Escalated to Ford CS but they are a joke..

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
7,918 Posts
Does anyone know what if the factory oil separator puts the oil back into the crankcase that it would be illegal in California?
I can't give you a definitive answer, but looking at the Ford Performance website, it certainly appears to be a certified component on a 2020 GT500

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Does anyone know what if the factory oil separator puts the oil back into the crankcase that it would be illegal in California? My dealer wouldn't put it on because they said it was for racing only and not legal for street use in California. Does anyone know if this is BS or is there a reason. Not that California needs a reason for stupid laws...

I am two waiting for one left wicker that got two close to a curb. Been 4 months... Escalated to Ford CS but they are a joke..
Ford lists the separator as “for track use only.” I’m not sure why, but this is the reason dealers are not compensated for the install and therefore why many of the dealers don’t install it. Just follow the steps on my PDI video and it will be easy/peasy.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT 500
16 Posts
Thanks Goose! I think I will put it on after she gets back from the shop later this week.
I’m not so sure doubt the smog inspection they will even question it since it looks and is factory Ford. I know here in CA they will fail you for a BT or JLT can.

On a side note my Hellcat BT can is about 3/4 full at oil change which I do mine at 2500 miles. So they do collect oil. I like the idea of putting it back where it belongs.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I like the idea of putting it back where it belongs.
I agree. Plus Billy Johnson (GT500 track development driver) said that due to the g’s and power the 2020 makes, it can quickly fill-up/overwhelm the catch can style separators.

Reactions: Saratoga87
21 - 40 of 61 Posts