Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2020 GT500 owners who didn’t get the handling package or CFTP, you can add the splitter wickers... they must be some high quality plastics! 😬

Reactions: lisam21

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They certainly are not cheap. My car didn’t come with the handling package, but I did purchase the splitter wickers and gurney flap. I believe @Snoopy49 posted the part numbers. Total cost was under $1,500, so I didn’t feel that terrible about it.
You’re just missing this nice piece from the handling package:

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
272 Posts
You’re just missing this nice piece from the handling package:

That’s correct. I’ve been debating between this and the JLT oil separator. The JLT requires emptying, but otherwise seems like a much easier install.

Any input to help push me in a direction? :)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s correct. I’ve been debating between this and the JLT oil separator. The JLT requires emptying, but otherwise seems like a much easier install.

I have a couple JLT cans on my 2011. They are cheap and easy to install. I like the no maintenance separator that Ford designed specifically for the 2020. It’s a big, robust unit that I would bet separates more oil than the small filter in the JLT can. I installed the one on my first car and will do it again on #2.

My recommendation would be for the Ford Performance unit. Separating the max amount of oil is highly desired in a supercharged/intercooled engine.

Reactions: Ddivinia

·
Registered
2020 Grabber Lime (with black stripes) GT500
113 Posts
For 2020 GT500 owners who didn’t get the handling package or CFTP, you can add the splitter wickers... they must be some high quality plastics! 😬

View attachment 203133
I bought the wickers and also the Ford oil separator for a little under $800 total. I'm still on the fence about the gurney flap. Does anyone have the Ford part number for it?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the wickers and also the Ford oil separator for a little under $800 total. I'm still on the fence about the gurney flap. Does anyone have the Ford part number for it?
I searched online for you Lisa and couldn’t find it. It’s a problem for most 2020 GT500 parts... no info online. I will run down to my garage and see if the plastic sleeve that my base car gurney flap came in has a part number on it for you.

Reactions: lisam21

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
It took me a while to find it. I ordered the part number KR3Z-6344210-AB from AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake. Not much info on the product page, but it turned out to be the correct part that fit / matched perfectly.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I have a couple JLT cans on my 2011. They are cheap and easy to install. I like the no maintenance separator that Ford designed specifically for the 2020. It’s a big, robust unit that I would bet separates more oil than the small filter in the JLT can. I installed the one on my first car and will do it again on #2.

My recommendation would be for the Ford Performance unit. Separating the max amount of oil is highly desired in a supercharged/intercooled engine.

Thanks, Tim. Do you happen to know the part number for the Ford Performance unit so that I can order from a dealer?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks, Tim. Do you happen to know the part number for the Ford Performance unit so that I can order from a dealer?
Here is the oil separator:
Ford Performance M-6766-A52 mustang Oil-Air Separator Kit Passenger Side GT500 2020

Thanks guys for your help on the gurney flap!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Here is the oil separator:
Ford Performance M-6766-A52 mustang Oil-Air Separator Kit Passenger Side GT500 2020

Thanks guys for your help on the gurney flap!
Thanks - I was hoping I had the wrong part number, because that doesn't seem to show any results when searching ford parts.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is the plastic I pulled the gurney flap out of from my base car:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: CollectedDust

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
This is the plastic I pulled the gurney flap out of from my base car:

View attachment 203152
Is it possible that Ford has multiple numbers for the same part? My understanding is that the base model spoiler is the same that is on other mustangs, so maybe the gurney flap has more than one part number based on the model/year (even though it is unchanged)?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is it possible that Ford has multiple numbers for the same part? My understanding is that the base model spoiler is the same that is on other mustangs, so maybe the gurney flap has more than one part number based on the model/year (even though it is unchanged)?
I know that the GT350 and GT500 share the same “swing” and gurney flap, but with limited 2020 GT500 parts diagrams/numbers available online, who knows for sure. I know the number I posted above is correct. I found it elsewhere on the inter webs.

Reactions: CollectedDust

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
210 Posts

I have the Ford Performance oil separator that came with my car, still new in the box, if you want to go that route $300 and it's yours! I opted for the JLT Can after I learned how unnecessarily complex the install is on the factory part. The trade off is you have to empty the JLT can from time to time. No biggie. I recommend the JLT because of the simplicity of the install and it's a clean look, but happy to sell you the ford part if you want it.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the Ford Performance oil separator that came with my car, still new in the box, if you want to go that route $300 and it's yours! I opted for the JLT Can after I learned how unnecessarily complex the install is on the factory part. The trade off is you have to empty the JLT can from time to time. No biggie. I recommend the JLT because of the simplicity of the install and it's a clean look, but happy to sell you the ford part if you want it.
That’s a GREAT price!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Yes, please! I’ll send you a PM.

·
Registered
14 Posts

View attachment 203133
Where do u order the Gurney flap at ? Thanks

1 - 20 of 59 Posts