Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

· Registered
2022 GT500
38 Posts
Standing half-mile 200MPH club members are driving modified cars. The same is true for most standing mile 200MPH club members.
I agree...and for example here in AZ there is a twin turbo Viper that is 2400 hp that runs 220mph in the 1/2 mile but he is not the quickest due to coming out of the hole and trying to get all that power down...it comes on more incrementally and the point I was trying to make in my post was a Tesla Plaid would beat him to the trap but being going 50 to 60 mph slower. Again who is faster???

A stock 2013 662hp GT500 with the 3.31 gears will not get there (200MPH) in a standing mile, much less a standing half-mile. In stock form, mine did 150-155MPH in the Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack standing half-mile (160MPH from a roll) and 170MPH in the Colorado Mile standing mile. DA was over 8K feet for all runs. (CO Mile staff members estimated an additional 5-8MPH in their TX Mile event, due to lower DA, but I have no first-hand experience there.)
I would agree with this...I had a 650hp AMG C63S and I ran 155 mph in the standing 1/2 mile. Funny thing is though I owned a HC Redeye WB (797hp) and could only get to 155mph because I could not get the power down. That will always be the challenge with rear wheel high HP cars...just my 2 cents.

· Registered
Numerous
1,988 Posts
Yes, and I believe you are right about the 662 and 1 mile, I was incorrect on that, if I remember correctly it took almost 2 miles to get to 200mph..........
I don't recall details of Ford's reported 200MPH run(s). As I understand his comments in this video, Randy Pobst estimated several miles to be required, depending on DA, of course.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts