Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a spare grille so I can modify it to mount radar detector and laser jammer units.

Should mention that I'd like to re-use the cobra on the grill and wondering how this is installed/removed? Glue/ tape or screw/bolt? Notice that blueovalindustries.com has replacement kits for all the shelby badging - regular and RSE versions (just under $200).

So far I can't find a grille for sale. Anyone know a source? Also looking for those little plastic bolt thingies that secure the grille.

TD

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looking for a spare grille so I can modify it to mount radar detector and laser jammer units.

Should mention that I'd like to re-use the cobra on the grill and wondering how this is installed/removed? Glue/ tape or screw/bolt? Notice that blueovalindustries.com has replacement kits for all the shelby badging - regular and RSE versions (just under $200).

So far I can't find a grille for sale. Anyone know a source? Also looking for those little plastic bolt thingies that secure the grille.

TD

Ok, I found a grille $197.95, here is the link http://northamericantuning.com/catalog/mustang-parts-accessories-tuning/2005-2009-mustang/mustang-exterior-styling/mustang-shelby-gt500-conversion/2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-mustang-gt500-upper-front-grille/product_info.php/cPath/82_22_136/products_id/456?osCsid=02v0583pdfpdg6ocpvngan96n0, as far as the plastic bolt thingies, you can get them at your local ford dealer. I am not sure on this, but I think the cobra emblem is bolted on, I noticed that you can order the grille with the cobra emblem already installed for 49.95 more. I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS!

That's great. Well, for $200 and trying to remove my original Red CObra to swap out, I'm wondering if it might be easier to just mod my original grille. If I screw it up, I know where I can get a new one!!!

Anyone know how to mod the grille for laser jammer modules?
Dremel, Router, something else?

TD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts