Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a couple of visitors lurking in this section! I'm in Ladson, SC, just WNW of Charleston. Join us!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Who is us? I think I've see you around town. Are there any other GT500's here in Ladson. I have a 2008 GT500; Vista Blue / White Stripes.

G

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who is us? I think I've see you around town. Are there any other GT500's here in Ladson. I have a 2008 GT500; Vista Blue / White Stripes.

G
By "us", I just meant to join the forum rather than just lurking! There is a guy that owns (wife's car!) a red convertible that runs or works at the plant in Ladson that builds the Cougar for the military. He also has a Ford GT. Other than him, I don't know of another. Did you get yours from Bilton? I know he got two blue with whites in.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry, misunderstood your post. I did get mine from Bilton. He told me he wanted to keep the other for himself. I havent seen the red vert running around yet.

G

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

G

Welcome Drag Junkie.Another friend from Ladson?Are you trying to lean on us Oldimp?lol.:)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Drag Junkie.Another friend from Ladson?Are you trying to lean on us Oldimp?lol.:)
Can you believe it? Population = 6 and we have 2 Shelbys!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Can you believe it? Population = 6 and we have 2 Shelbys!
Ron , our population is less than 1300 here in our BIG CITY. Shelby is well represented in our area. 2 Shelby GTs and 3 500s.

I recieved a call this evening from one of the guys. His dealer had won lottery on KR. They offered him first option , @ market value ??????

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hilton Head SC here.
Any chance you were at the Savannah show last month? There were three white with blue stripes, one black (all coupes) and a red vert plus several Shelby GTs. If you haven't tried it yet, it is a nice show.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any chance you were at the Savannah show last month? There were three white with blue stripes, one black (all coupes) and a red vert plus several Shelby GTs. If you haven't tried it yet, it is a nice show.

When is the next Savannah Show? I've never heard of it. Is it just a general car show or something specific?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
When is the next Savannah Show? I've never heard of it. Is it just a general car show or something specific?
It is specific to Mustang and Ford. It is judged using MCA rules. They take a judging sheet provided by MCA and start looking for stuff to deduct points. You have to have the hood and trunk open, windows up, convertible tops up, doors unlocked, floor mats out (usually) stuff like that. Some clubs modify the rules somewhat to be more fair I guess. You get a point or two for being a member of MCA and a point or two for having a fire extinguisher.

This past show was held the last Saturday in October. I think the club that puts it on is the Savannah Mustang Club. You could do a search on it and find out more about upcoming events. It is a good show and if you are MCA, you save a few bucks on registration. I think it was $25 with MCA membership. This past show had a full parking space between your car and the next which I truly appreciate!

They have a shrimp boil dinner after the show and two tickets to that are included with the registration price. If you are familiar with 'Frogmore Stew', that is basically what you get. Shrimp, sausage, red potatoes and corn. It is pretty good stuff!

And while we are talking about SC shows, our club, Low Country Mustang Club, of the Charleston area would like to invite everyone to come join us next year at our annual show. This year was all Ford and Mustang (we had been doing an open show) and I imagine it will be Ford next year, too. Please come join us.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
north charleston sc here
The LCMC meets next Tuesday night at the Perkins restaurant on Rivers at Ashley Phosphate. The meeting is at 7:30 and we generally arrive around 6:30 and have dinner before the meeting. Come join us!

Also, the Palmetto State Ford Club (PSFC) meets Monday night at McAllister's Deli across from Tanger Outlet Mall. The times are the same deal. There are a lot of younger folks in this club. Nice young people plus a few nice old farts like me! We would love to see you here, too!

·
Registered
26 Posts
It is specific to Mustang and Ford. It is judged using MCA rules. They take a judging sheet provided by MCA and start looking for stuff to deduct points. You have to have the hood and trunk open, windows up, convertible tops up, doors unlocked, floor mats out (usually) stuff like that. Some clubs modify the rules somewhat to be more fair I guess. You get a point or two for being a member of MCA and a point or two for having a fire extinguisher.

This past show was held the last Saturday in October. I think the club that puts it on is the Savannah Mustang Club. You could do a search on it and find out more about upcoming events. It is a good show and if you are MCA, you save a few bucks on registration. I think it was $25 with MCA membership. This past show had a full parking space between your car and the next which I truly appreciate!

They have a shrimp boil dinner after the show and two tickets to that are included with the registration price. If you are familiar with 'Frogmore Stew', that is basically what you get. Shrimp, sausage, red potatoes and corn. It is pretty good stuff!

And while we are talking about SC shows, our club, Low Country Mustang Club, of the Charleston area would like to invite everyone to come join us next year at our annual show. This year was all Ford and Mustang (we had been doing an open show) and I imagine it will be ford next year, too. Please come join us.
Old Imp,
When is the show is Charleston?
________
CBF500

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Old Imp,
When is the show is Charleston?
We discussed this a little bit at our last meeting! Last year we had it on November 1st, and there were some members that thought that the following weekend would have worked best for us. So, I would have to guess that it will be the second Saturday of November (the 14th). As soon as I hear a firm date, I will post it in this thread for you. I can also get a flyer out to you.

I don't know if you are with the Savannah club or not, but they hold a really great show (usually one or two weeks prior to our show) and we would love to have some of you Savannah folks come join us in Charleston!

Thanks for the interest!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used to be a member but I am not now. I was at the show at the collegein Savannah with several of my buddies ( the 2 white/blue and the red conv.) All of these guys like to go to shows, we all went to Oviedo last year so maybe we could come to Charleston as well. Just give us a heads up about the time.
________
vapor genie

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used to be a member but I am not now. I was at the show at the collegein Savannah with several of my buddies ( the 2 white/blue and the red conv.) All of these guys like to go to shows, we all went to Oviedo last year so maybe we could come to Charleston as well. Just give us a heads up about the time.
Mine was the 3rd white w/blue one! The red vert you are talking about is Mutt's, right? He has been to our last two shows. I'll try to keep you informed!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine was the 3rd white w/blue one! The red vert you are talking about is Mutt's, right? He has been to our last two shows. I'll try to keep you informed!
If you were the third then I was the fourth. I was parked on the street as I was only there for a couple of hours. Yes that was Mutt with the red vert.
________
RVF400

1 - 20 of 31 Posts