Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am new to forums completely. Thought I'd give this a try as I have a huge appetite for GT500 information. I am awaiting delivery on my 2020 Track Pack. I am being told it has a June build date which was pushed back from May amid the pandemic.

I currently own a 2003 black Mach 1 with 13,000 miles I purchased new in 2003. I intend to keep this car. I am going to get this car paint corrected and ceramic coated when my new car is delivered. I will have a clear bra put on the GT500 and it ceramic coated as well at the same time. We live in rural Indiana, so when I take the time to take these cars in, I want to have it all done at once.

I learned about the forum watching the ShelbyFlyer YouTube channel. Really enjoy the posts and enthusiasm for Mustangs. Keep up the good work.

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,603 Posts
I learned about the forum watching the ShelbyFlyer YouTube channel. Really enjoy the posts and enthusiasm for Mustangs. Keep up the good work.
Welcome Quentin! Good to hear my YouTube channel was helpful!

That’s a nice clean low-mile Mach you have there! Hang on to that one. Low mile New Edge Stangs are quickly becoming rare these days.

As for your 2020, get ready to be absolutely AMAZED! The car is frigg’n NUTS! 🤟

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your ride! Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
2013 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue. 1962 Mercury Monterey Desert Frost 390/300hp
243 Posts
View attachment 200562
I am new to forums completely. Thought I'd give this a try as I have a huge appetite for GT500 information. I am awaiting delivery on my 2020 Track Pack. I am being told it has a June build date which was pushed back from May amid the pandemic.

I currently own a 2003 black Mach 1 with 13,000 miles I purchased new in 2003. I intend to keep this car. I am going to get this car paint corrected and ceramic coated when my new car is delivered. I will have a clear bra put on the GT500 and it ceramic coated as well at the same time. We live in rural Indiana, so when I take the time to take these cars in, I want to have it all done at once.

Welcome to the forum! Your 2003 is sharp! Congratulations on your new one! What part of southern Indiana are ya from? I’m from southern Illinois close to Indiana border. 🖖

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum! Your 2003 is sharp! Congratulations on your new one! What part of southern Indiana are ya from? I’m from southern Illinois close to Indiana border. 🖖
Thanks. I live directly between Indianapolis and Chicago on I-65 in Northwest Indiana. Are you near Chrisman,IL?

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Metallic w/White racing stripes
482 Posts
Hey I am on the NE side in Fishers. There are a few of us Indy boys here and oddly we are coming out of the woodwork. Welcome and where did you get your 2020 from?

·
Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
View attachment 200562

Welcome aboard! 2020 track pack -- YES! Congrats!

You may know this already but ShelbyFlyer = @Goose17 here on the forum. (y)

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Hello from Indy (New Palestine).

I've always wanted a Mach 1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do all my business through Mangold Ford in Eureka, IL. Mike has been great to me for a lot of years.
[/QUOTE
Hi @Quentin, as others have stated there are several of us here from Indiana. I live on the north side of Indy (Fishers). Happy to have you!
When I have my car and the dust settles, I’ll look forward to seeing the cars in person. Has anybody done business with Pristine Auto Spa in Indy? They are who I was looking at for the ceramic coating.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
When I have my car and the dust settles, I’ll look forward to seeing the cars in person. Has anybody done business with Pristine Auto Spa in Indy? They are who I was looking at for the ceramic coating.
My buddy had a detail by them and I follow them on social media. They are an impressive outfit. They sponsor Indy Cars and Coffee as well. I would see no issues going with them.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
127 Posts
Yes - my 2020 GT500 was ceramic coated by Pristine Auto Spa. I went with four layers of Ceramic Pro 9H. The pics in the thread linked below were taken shortly after that was done. I was happy with their work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes - my 2020 GT500 was ceramic coated by Pristine Auto Spa. I went with four layers of Ceramic Pro 9H. The pics in the thread linked below were taken shortly after that was done. I was happy with their work.

That’s good info. When I called they said they had done one. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Great looking car BTW.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
127 Posts
That’s good info. When I called they said they had done one. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Great looking car BTW.
For what it’s worth: I was actually their second 2020 GT500. They did a full clear wrap followed by a ceramic coating on one prior to mine. I got to see this car in their shop before they did mine.

Note that while they did a decent job on the wrap, I was able to see seams and overall wouldn’t have wanted it on my car. I’ve since been told that this is because they use templates rather than cutting everything by hand. Both Pristine and Clear Bra Indy use a similar process that can have that by-product. This has been discussed in other threads previously if you search this site.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,860 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Hoosier. South side of Indy here.
Nice Mach1 that looks like you’ve taken good care of her. Your new 2020 should be in good hands.
Good times on the forum make owning a GT500 even better. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,489 Posts

You better bring a chamois with you June 6th, because I'm going to be drooling all over that car of yours. I saw them post that, but didn't put 2 and 2 together.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts