Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My pal came by yesterday in his Evo. Performance Stage 4 GT500. The car also had 4.10 gears and Nos also. Man those headers sound sweet, I can't wait to get them on my car. Well he let me drive as he was on the hunt for hotwheels. My pal is a huge Mustang fan and has over 6000 hot wheels as well as several 1:18 scale cars. Infact his christmans tree orniments are all hot wheels. I also found 5 red w white stripe 07 GT500 hot wheels at Toys R Us :cool:

Once we returned to my house, he was admiring how clean my car was and checking out my new SHELBY windshild banner. I am surprise I never caught this, but my pal pointed out to me a 3 inch split/rip on the edge of my dash pad. In the area of the defrost vent while he was looking through the windshield.:eek:

Looks like I will be making a trip to the dealer. This is a place I would have never looked and I am sure most don't inspect. So you guys might want to check that area as well for rips along the edge of the dash pad closest to the windshild from one side to the other.

And as for my choice of gears, after driving my pals car, 4.10's are to much for a modded street car. I am going with 3.73's.:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
My pal came by yesterday in his Evo. Performance Stage 4 GT500. The car also had 4.10 gears and Nos also. Man those headers sound sweet, I can't wait to get them on my car. Well he let me drive as he was on the hunt for hotwheels. My pal is a huge Mustang fan and has over 4000 hot wheels as well as several 1:18 scale cars. Infact his christmans tree orniments are all hot wheels. I also found 5 red w white stripe 07 GT500 hot wheels at Toys R Us :cool:

Once we returned to my house, he was admiring how clean my car was and checking out my new SHELBY windshild banner. I am surprise I never caught this, but my pal pointed out to me a 3 inch split/rip on the edge of my dash pad. In the area of the defrost vent while he was looking through the windshield.:eek:

Looks like I will be making a trip to the dealer. This is a place I would have never looked and I am sure most don't inspect. So you guys might want to check that area as well for rips along the edge of the dash pad closest to the windshild from one side to the other.

And as for my choice of gears, after driving my pals car, 4.10's are to much for a modded street car. I am going with 3.73's.:cool:

Thanks for the tip.I have 3.73's and am very pleased.I don't have Nos but do like the headers also.:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
3.73's are the way to go =D
will check the dash here in a bit when i go get her for the afternoon.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My pal came by yesterday in his Evo. Performance Stage 4 GT500. The car also had 4.10 gears and Nos also. Man those headers sound sweet, I can't wait to get them on my car. Well he let me drive as he was on the hunt for hotwheels. My pal is a huge Mustang fan and has over 6000 hot wheels as well as several 1:18 scale cars. Infact his christmans tree orniments are all hot wheels. I also found 5 red w white stripe 07 GT500 hot wheels at Toys R Us :cool:

My dash looks good, no rips or splits, I have the leather dash cover. Do you have the leather dash cover or the regular?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
My dash looks good, no rips or splits, I have the leather dash cover. Do you have the leather dash cover or the regular?

You mean the pseudo leather cover;)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You mean the pseudo leather cover;)
Shame on you! Do you know how many pleathers had to give up their lives to cover that dash?

You Neanderthal.

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Leather, and can someone give me a web. address to host pictures to post on this website?

I use to clicking on a browse button.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Shame on you! Do you know how many pleathers had to give up their lives to cover that dash?

You Neanderthal.

I'll bet most people don't know what kind of an animal a pleather is.:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
They are related to the Snipe.

Have you ever gone Snipe hunting before?Out in Wyoming we trap Jackaloupes.Now theres some real fun.Hey,are we getting off topic?I might have to report you to the Mod.:D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Of course. There is no better way to spend a summer evening.
Doesn't there have to be a full moon too?:confused:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Those are ideal conditions. True Snipe hunters can hunt pretty much anytime.
When is snipe season? Doesn't it open in October? I seem to remember bow hunting snipe with my dad around Halloween years back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
stay away from using the old ones the skin has a tendency to crack. Hmmm maybe thats the problem

LLoyd

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
When is snipe season? Doesn't it open in October? I seem to remember bow hunting snipe with my dad around Halloween years back.
If you can hit one with an arrow, then you are a far better shot than I am.

I use a shotgun with double-ought shot, no muzzle choke.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts