Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Member @spruce went to the track with us yesterday and shows what a well done ‘13-14 can do: STOCK clutch, STOCK blower, STOCK mufflers.
I’m sure he’ll correct me on some details but: 2.4 upper, 10% lower, FRPP twin 65 TB, JLT 127, VMP plug in boosters feeding E85 to ID1050x, 4.10s, headers and X-pipe, lighter brakes, killer track wheels (DOT Hoosier QTPs), and Lidio @ Alternative Auto tuned.
Congrats Bruce, [email protected]

·
Registered
2014 GT500
425 Posts
I wonder how he can shift from 1st to 2nd so quickly without that horrid grinding!
He was probably only in 3rd gear at that speed!! :p

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,907 Posts
That is hauling the mail!
With 4.10 gears the 1-2 shift would come very quickly. With good traction from the Hoosiers he’s less likely to have the grind anyway.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I wonder how he can shift from 1st to 2nd so quickly without that horrid grinding!
Probably has an MGW...

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
1. That thing moves. Those are wrinkles you love to see on an 'ole girl. ;)
2. It's funny that his video cover has a shift ball with the wrong gear pattern.
3. Is there a particular reason manual is in quotations in the title? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was surprised by the 4.10's, but he's not the only one running them..
That’s freakin Awesome!! I have 4.10s in mine. Best time has been 10.6 @ 132mph with a 1.5 60ft. Had someone try to tell me that 4.10 is too much gear for a boosted car. Well he just proved that’s not the case!!! Well Done!!!

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
That is some serious driving. There is a level of respect that is earned that no DCT owner will be able to match. I say this even though I own GTR with a DCT. Punch it and keep the wheel straight. Honestly my daughter could pilot my car down the 1/4.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks man....I agree with you. It Takes some skill to launch...hit all the shift points and get a car respectively and quickly down the quarter mile while against one of the quickest shifting automatic transmissions on the market.

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,709 Posts
I had my transmission modified; TREMEC does have much, much, much improved synchro's, and with some gear ratio changes in the transmissions gears, a far better clutch and shifter and even lower rear gears... Shifting can become a pure joy!!! Mine had the dreaded 'second gear grind' at most any speed other than "normal" driving, I can BLAST up and Down in mine without issue at will.
Quick times are a factor of getting the POWER to the 'road' with minimum spin and being able to reach up and grab higher gears.

Reactions: DickDasterdly 71

·
Registered
63 Posts
Same here...replaced 2nd and 3rd gear as well as 1st and 2nd gear synchros..new McCleod Clutch RXT...Flywheel and throwout bearing. The dreaded 2nd gear lockout which I was a victim of many times is now a thing of the past. Absolute Pure Joy to know when I go to bang 2nd under WOT she’s right there waiting for me!!!lol

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I had my transmission modified; TREMEC does have much, much, much improved synchro's, and with some gear ratio changes in the transmissions gears, a far better clutch and shifter and even lower rear gears... Shifting can become a pure joy!!! Mine had the dreaded 'second gear grind' at most any speed other than "normal" driving, I can BLAST up and Down in mine without issue at will.
Quick times are a factor of getting the POWER to the 'road' with minimum spin and being able to reach up and grab higher gears.

You throw this kit in yours?

·
Registered
63 Posts
No..but I should of. I was having specific issues with 2nd gear lockout and that was my main goal when searching for a fix. I ordered my parts from Amp Performance in Arizona and from my understanding they are direct Tremec distributor. Wish I would of known about that kit at the time cause I surely would of ordered that.

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,709 Posts
You throw this kit in yours?

It could have been.
I didn't do it, TREMEC did all the work on mine. They replaced all the syncros, changed the gear ratios, with different gears, also did some work on the gears... It worked so damn smooth after they were done. They also installed the MGW2 and made ajustments to it, along with the RXT 1200 clutch package.

I was sick of the way the transmission performed, it wasn't cheap!!! But to me very much worth the cost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts