Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came out today from Ford.

6408 - 2007 SHELBY GT 500 MUSTANG - DRIVABILITY CONCERNS - AIR FILTER
SOME 2007 SHELBY GT 500 VEHICLES BUILT BEFORE 09/01/2006 MAY EXPERIENCE DRIVABILITY CONCERNS INCLUDING: ROUGH IDLE, A SURGE AT LESS THAN 2000 RPM, A LACK OF POWER AND ERRATIC READINGS ON THE BOOST GAUGE. THIS ISSUE MAY OR MAY NOT FLAG A DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTC) IN THE POWER TRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM). THESE SYMPTOMS MAY BE DUE TO A QUALITY ISSUE WITH THE AIR FILTER ELEMENT. TO CORRECT THIS CONCERN, REPLACE THE AIR FILTER ELEMENT WITH PART NUMBER 7R3Z-9601-AA (MOTORCRAFT FA 1807).

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Yes this has affected very few Shelbys.This is about when mine was built!Vendor had trouble with pleats.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Thanks for the update, sandro!

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Ford should have said replace with Cold Air Intake :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yes this has affected very few Shelbys.This is about when mine was built!Vendor had trouble with pleats.
So if it was a vendor quality issue, is the replacement part number they mention the same as the original? If it's a different P/N, why did they change P/Ns?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
So if it was a vendor quality issue, is the replacement part number they mention the same as the original? If it's a different P/N, why did they change P/Ns?

Thanks,

Dave
It's the same part #.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Good, that makes sense then. Thanks for clarifying '07.

Dave:rolleyes:

Dave,
No problem.I think it was a pleat and glue issue.Glue where there shouldn't be.It was choking the engine.The vendor corrected the problem and Ford gets all the blame.............................07............................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts