yeah - what Fred said.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: Sold Molds

Terry sold that mold to Suncoast some time ago. Suncoast has been making the 68 hood for months. They have been jerking us around since January on the 67 hood, finally got some one to step up and make one for us. Terry has some killer molds for the side and window scoops as seen at SEMA. I hope some one picks them up and starts production.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts

Terry sold that mold to Suncoast some time ago. Suncoast has been making the 68 hood for months. They have been jerking us around since January on the 67 hood, finally got some one to step up and make one for us. Terry has some killer molds for the side and window scoops as seen at SEMA. I hope some one picks them up and starts production.
Terry's quarter window scoops replace the window and he's not making them.
I spoke with Rick at SunCoast and told him that we had a number of people that were interested in a "stick on"version. He was going to be picking up some molds from Terry and would talk with him about it.

bj

·
Registered
341 Posts

Yea, I know they replace the window. I'm not a fan of taped on body parts on a $50K-$80K car. I wouldn't count on Suncoast getting these scoops out anytime soon. Kinda reminds me of another company still working on getting the scoops done.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Terry's quarter window scoops replace the window and he's not making them.
I spoke with Rick at SunCoast and told him that we had a number of people that were interested in a "stick on"version. He was going to be picking up some molds from Terry and would talk with him about it.

bj
Hello from Ric at Suncoast. I'm brand new to your forum and I wanted to give you the latest "scoop".

To make a long story short, Terry no longer has the molds or plugs to make these scoops. I thought this was going to be a slam dunk and I was very excited about getting a complete package together to support the enthusiast community but now it looks different.

I've already got both Terry and my in-house guys flat out on several new hood projects. So the bottom line is you're not going to see any scoops from Suncoast in the near future. We may be able to readdress this in several months when the current projects already in the hopper have been completed. I'll be meeting with Terry in about a week when I pick up the 67 molds and my new KR style for the GT. We'll spend some time on this scoops question again but if he doesn't have a different answer than starting from scratch, it's gong to have to wait. If anything changes, I'll let you know.

Best Regards,

SuncoastPrez

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Shelby Performance parts sells the KR style hood. Seems pretty cheap (not sure if its fiberglass or carbon fiber)

Anyone have the lowdown on this?

TD

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

Shelby Performance parts sells the KR style hood. Seems pretty cheap (not sure if its fiberglass or carbon fiber)

TD
I believe the one they sell is the super snake hood not the actual KR....it is fiberglass.

·
Registered
300 Posts

TD

Nope, the SS hood does not look like the KR. Right now the closest copy of the KR is from TruFiber called the Venom hood. Out now in fiberglass, CF on the way we are told.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

SS hood and KR hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Nice comparison photos.

I think I like the KR hood better.