Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
65 Posts
For the record, he was talking about his old car. He did not say: “Your car is a clown car.” It was not an attack on you. You took offense though. Calling someone a “dickhead” is something else entirely.
For the record, he was talking about his old car. He did not say: “Your car is a clown car.” It was not an attack on you. You took offense though. Calling someone a “dickhead” is something else entirely.
I agree that name-calling is not the best response, but I can certainly understand it. He was referring to stock 13/14 GT500s, including his car. That's inflammatory. That's the kind of rhetoric that starts flame wars.

Reactions: Norton

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,719 Posts
I agree that name-calling is not the best response, but I can certainly understand it. He was referring to stock 13/14 GT500s, including his car. That's inflammatory. That's the kind of rhetoric that starts flame wars.
He is free to express his opinions about his car. He said nothing derogatory about your specific car. If I said my 93 Cobra is woefully slow compared to modern cars, should all 93 Cobra owners get their undies in a bunch?

On the other hand, if he said you were an idiot and your grey vert looked like shit, I’d be contacting him behind the scenes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
He is free to express his opinions about his car. He said nothing derogatory about your specific car. If I said my 93 Cobra is woefully slow compared to modern cars, should all 93 Cobra owners get their undies in a bunch?

On the other hand, if he said you were an idiot and your grey vert looked like shit, I’d be contacting him behind the scenes.
I disagree with you. He was suggesting that model was a "Clown Car," IMO. But, I am moving on from this issue. Thanks.

Reactions: Cobra4me

·
Registered
2014 GT500, 2013 Boss 302
28 Posts
Where do the 12-13 Boss 302s fit in the discussion:unsure: Based on a Coyote but a lot of unique features and fairly low production numbers.

Reactions: JR369

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,719 Posts
Where do the 12-13 Boss 302s fit in the discussion:unsure: Based on a Coyote but a lot of unique features and fairly low production numbers.
Very cool limited cars! That’s how they fit into the discussion!

The GT350 was the successor and the Mach 1 was the successor to the 350.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 build day 8/12
121 Posts
Miss my 12 Boss. It was a fun car. If I knew how much of a clown mobile my 14 GT500 was going to be, I would have never traded it off. But Ruby Red paint and a HP number seduced me. You live and learn. Probably the 2nd best stock sounding Mustang I've ever had too. Behind my GT350R of course.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

·
Registered
65 Posts
Miss my 12 Boss. It was a fun car. If I knew how much of a clown mobile my 14 GT500 was going to be, I would have never traded it off. But Ruby Red paint and a HP number seduced me. You live and learn. Probably the 2nd best stock sounding Mustang I've ever had too. Behind my GT350R of course.
You just like to push it don't you, buddy? It seems to me that your 14 GT500 was a good fit for you.

Reactions: Norton and LSWUT

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
5,785 Posts
It seems to me the driver for all the sales is to cash in on the currently high market prices, same reason all the 2020+ are being sold.
I spoke to a guy from another site yesterday, just put his 2013 up for sale.
It will be interesting to see:
If it sells.
How close he gets to his asking price..

·
Registered
2014 GT500
584 Posts
Can you provide more deets about the 2013, please? Options, mileage, color, and price?

Not a buyer, just curious. Thank you!

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
5,785 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT500
584 Posts
VERY NICE! Thank you for the link.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP 2003 Oxford white cobra coupe, 2003 cobra coupe black, 1988 Foxbody Notch 5.0
181 Posts
You just like to push it don't you, buddy? It seems to me that your 14 GT500 was a good fit for you.
I wouldn’t let it get you bothered my friend. He’s entitled to his opinion. Where some may agree, some may disagree. We are all enthusiasts of these cars. If you enjoy your car, enjoy the hell out of it. You bought it for you, and only you sir. Even to quote Tim. I cherish both of my 03 cobras. I think they’re great cars, I enjoy driving them very much. Any mustang from 94-04 had the same dash, aside from airbags, etc. I’m not upset that you say the 13/14 GT500 is better. You’re correct. It’s tough to judge a car with older technology to todays standards. For 2003 I think it wasn’t bad.

·
Registered
2014 GT500
584 Posts
There’s a lot of bickering going on here and I don’t like it one bit so let me set the record straight……..

The 2013-2014 GT500’s are the best of ALL GT500’s, past, present and future. End of discussion.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,719 Posts
There’s a lot of bickering going on here and I don’t like it one bit so let me set the record straight……..

The 2013-2014 GT500’s are the best of ALL GT500’s, past, present and future. End of discussion.
Just don’t try to turn at speed! 😜

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
1,386 Posts
  • Haha

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,768 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wouldn’t let it get you bothered my friend. He’s entitled to his opinion. Where some may agree, some may disagree. We are all enthusiasts of these cars. If you enjoy your car, enjoy the hell out of it. You bought it for you, and only you sir. Even to quote Tim. I cherish both of my 03 cobras. I think they’re great cars, I enjoy driving them very much. Any mustang from 94-04 had the same dash, aside from airbags, etc. I’m not upset that you say the 13/14 GT500 is better. You’re correct. It’s tough to judge a car with older technology to todays standards. For 2003 I think it wasn’t bad.
I appreciate that, but I couldn't be happier with my car. I loved my 04 Terminator, too, but if I hadn't (loved it) I wouldn't have called it a piece of crap or a clown car. I would have been more sensitive to my fellow enthusiasts. It's just simple courtesy. That kind of rhetoric (i.e., clown car) is inflammatory and unnecessary. Others were bothered by thise comments, as well. It costs us nothing to treat each other with kindness and respect. That's all.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts