2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
There are a few things I like better on the Terminator over the follow-on GT500:I agree with that, but I'll add that this is my seventh Mustang/first Shelby and it is vastly better than any of the others, including a 2004 Terminator. This things scares the shit out of me, which is just the way I like it!
1. IRS! This is HUGE! Solid rear axle Mustangs handle like my F150.
2. Fully forged rotating assembly in the engine. Ford went all-out in building the 03/04 engine.
3. Mystichrome! It was and still is magical.
4. Terminators were only a 2 year run. The cars before and after were quite different, whereas the S197 GT500 was an evolving 8 year run of basically the same formula.
5. Adjustable seats! The seats are like a hybrid between base and Recaro seats allowing you to have them loose or tight for securing your ass.
6. Size! I like the smaller Fox platform. Follow on Mustangs got bigger/heavier.