Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2013 gt 500
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there’s tons of GT50s online for sale Carmax Car Fox all the online guys is there really that many of those cars for sale? I thought the cars were more rare
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,024 Posts
I noticed that there’s tons of GT50s online for sale Carmax Car Fox all the online guys is there really that many of those cars for sale? I thought the cars were more rare View attachment 242467
Current high prices have flushed a lot of cars out of the garage to be sold. The GT500s are no exception. There were 10,615 13/14s produced, which is part of the 47,996 S197 GT500 total made. These cars are not rare.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,932 Posts
I’d suspect that many of these are being traded in on new S500 GT500’s. I traded in my GT350 so it’s likely the price which is crazy now and possibly moving up is contributing to the surplus. I’ll be hoping that they fall a bit over the next 2 years so I can get my son one when he turns 15.

·
Registered
22 gt500 black roof, black stripes, tech, carbon pkg
120 Posts
They are way over priced they are reaching 2020 gt500 pricing or even gt350 pricing like someone posted above they are not rare u can buy a 10speed 5.0 and slap a blower and walk all over a 10-14 gt500. I’m shocked they are this high after I saw what someone paid last week on one of the posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
They are way over priced they are reaching 2020 gt500 pricing or even gt350 pricing like someone posted above they are not rare u can buy a 10speed 5.0 and slap a blower and walk all over a 10-14 gt500. I’m shocked they are this high after I saw what someone paid last week on one of the posts.

I must have missed that one selling that high, I’m seeing most 40-50k around me. Before Covid they were 25-35k depending on mileage. Agreed a 5.0 with a blower would walk an S197 GT500 but in the end it’s still a GT not a GT500. 😂

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
291 Posts

This right here. Whipple an 18+ GT and it walks all over everything. Its no secret.

·
Registered
2013 gt 500
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

we’ll new ones are 100 k plus so i don’t think prices are going back down but that’s just me

·
Registered
120 Posts
This right here. Whipple an 18+ GT and it walks all over everything. Its no secret.
Sorry I lost my cool . I was just saying I know many guys here in chicago that traded in there 12-14 gt500 for boss302. I was like but why a gt500 is not a cookie cutter the gt500 is more rare. The answer they gave was it’s power u can’t put down and it’s just a straight line car nothing else. This why I’m shocked the gt500s are so over priced. So many newer mustangs that are much better and newer.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
I built a 15 GT with a Whipple it’s no S550 GT500. The Gen 3 Coyote is a bit better than Gen 2 but If we’re talking apples to apples comparison you’d be over 100k building a 5.0 to seriously compete against the S550 GT500. This Gen GT500 has lots more than a stock GT. It’s going to take a lot of money getting it to compare and be a reliable daily car. Sure I’ve seen the twin turbo and the pro/super chargers on 5.0’s those guys eventually get towed to a shop while my stock race car drives home. 😂😂😂

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
291 Posts
I built a 15 GT with a Whipple it’s no S550 GT500. The Gen 3 Coyote is a bit better than Gen 2 but If we’re talking apples to apples comparison you’d be over 100k building a 5.0 to seriously compete against the S550 GT500. This Gen GT500 has lots more than a stock GT. It’s going to take a lot of money getting it to compare and be a reliable daily car. Sure I’ve seen the twin turbo and the pro/super chargers on 5.0’s those guys eventually get towed to a shop while my stock race car drives home. 😂😂😂
In a drag race i can smoke an S550 GT500 for 50k. A base A10 car with 3.55s, Whipple/tune, drag radials- game over.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just wanted to say coyote a10 by slapping blower is better bang for your buck than a 13-14 gt500 that’s 67k which is insane for a old car imo.

·
Registered
2014 GT500
589 Posts
I just wanted to say coyote a10 by slapping blower is better bang for your buck than a 13-14 gt500 that’s 67k which is insane for a old car imo.

For most people (myself included), it’s not about which car is faster, it’s about having the Shelby. Your argument about slapping a blower on this, or slapping a blower on that is soooooooo played.

I would like to compare your Coyote Mustang GT with a blower on it with a comparable GT500 in 5 or 10 more years to see which one was a "better bang for your buck". Something tells me that I would win THAT race.

·
Banned
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
5,819 Posts
The same market that allows 10 to 30K ADM, is bringing many cars that wouldn't normally be up for sale, out.
What a car is worth = what a buyer is willing to pay,..................that hasn't changed.
This is what keeps Mecum / Barrett-Jackson in business !!

·
Banned
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
5,819 Posts
Current high prices have flushed a lot of cars out of the garage to be sold. The GT500s are no exception. There were 10,615 13/14s produced, which is part of the 47,996 S197 GT500 total made. These cars are not rare.
A common mistake is to heap all S197 cars into ( 1 ) group, when in fact there are several groups.
People in the business, like Hagerty say the following "
" Among the many overused words in the classic car hobby, “rare” and “unique” are two of the most common. While unique is an easier one to call out when it’s misused—since it literally means one of a kind—the word rare is a little trickier since there is no agreed upon or legal definition in the car world. It means different things to different people, and while rarity does relate to value and collectability somewhat, it’s not always a direct relationship. "
Also:
The GT500 is a stand alone model, it's not a Mustang GT with an option package, such as a Boss 429..

·
Registered
2014 GT500, 2013 Boss 302
30 Posts
I've been looking for a 13-14 GT500 for over a year the prices are stupid. I think the reason there are so many for sale is they aren't moving. It's a cool nostalgic car and the last if it's kind, but there are a lot of great options out there for 60-70+. Not sure what one is worth to me but haven't found the right car yet. I'm picky and want a fully optioned stock car with low low miles which definitely comes at a cost

·
Registered
120 Posts
For most people (myself included), it’s not about which car is faster, it’s about having the Shelby. Your argument about slapping a blower on this, or slapping a blower on that is soooooooo played.

I would like to compare your Coyote Mustang GT with a blower on it with a comparable GT500 in 5 or 10 more years to see which one was a "better bang for your buck". Something tells me that I would win THAT race.
Only reason I said that was because goose posted that the 13-14 Shelby is not a rare vehicle because of production numbers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been looking for a 13-14 GT500 for over a year the prices are stupid. I think the reason there are so many for sale is they aren't moving. It's a cool nostalgic car and the last if it's kind, but there are a lot of great options out there for 60-70+. Not sure what one is worth to me but haven't found the right car yet. I'm picky and want a fully optioned stock car with low low miles which definitely comes at a cost
Thank you

1 - 20 of 140 Posts