Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
So over the last month or so I've more or less finalized the exterior mods on the car.

SBS splitter kit with longacre splitter support rods
ZL1 Addons rear wickerbill
Big Worm Graphix stripe kit - satin black with satin silver

Splitter kit is made of ABS and with some slight mods came out great. Absolutely does need the splitter rods as it nearly ripped the center portion of the splitter off of the car at 100mph without them.

ZL1 Addon wicker bill looks great and with a little brush on clear coat on the exposed edge it looks a lot more finished that it originally did with the rough cut edge.

Big Worm graphix kit went on well and I love the fact that it wraps around the edges and no longer stops short on the hood and trunk.

Ok first pic is just me in love with the concavity of these Project6GR wheels.

Satin stripe install

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,072 Posts
" Ok first pic is just me in love with the concavity of these Project6GR wheels. "
Is it my eyes or are your tires too narrow for those wheels ??

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Great Mods! Car looks spectacular! Congratulations on many jobs well done! I'll never catch up!
Hell, at your current rate, you will NEVER get STARTED!

Boy am I gonna PAY for all this harrassment at SF.....

Specially driving my Toyota...lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,352 Posts
Absolutely STUNNING Kyle! :jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
So over the last month or so I've more or less finalized the exterior mods on the car.

SBS splitter kit with longacre splitter support rods
ZL1 Addons rear wickerbill
Big Worm Graphix stripe kit - satin black with satin silver

Splitter kit is made of ABS and with some slight mods came out great. Absolutely does need the splitter rods as it nearly ripped the center portion of the splitter off of the car at 100mph without them.

ZL1 Addon wicker bill looks great and with a little brush on clear coat on the exposed edge it looks a lot more finished that it originally did with the rough cut edge.

Big Worm graphix kit went on well and I love the fact that it wraps around the edges and no longer stops short on the hood and trunk.

Ok first pic is just me in love with the concavity of these Project6GR wheels.

Satin stripe install

Really looking forward to seeing your car in person sir !!

You have done an incredible job with it and the mods still keep coming

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Tastefully done. Car looks amazing, even the Georgia plates tie in with the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
" Ok first pic is just me in love with the concavity of these Project6GR wheels. "
Is it my eyes or are your tires too narrow for those wheels ??
You're right on point. 295/35-19 up front and 305/35-19 in the rear. Stock sizes, but on R-Spec sized wheels (half inch wider). The factory tires on 1/2" narrower wheels are a bit stretched already, but I couldn't bring myself to throw out perfectly good Michelin Pilot Super Sports. When they wear down they will be replaced with wider tires for sure.

Great Mods! Car looks spectacular! Congratulations on many jobs well done! I'll never catch up!
Oh he** yes, Kyle!!! AWESOME, man!
Absolutely STUNNING Kyle! :jawdrop:
In a werd...

Dude dat iz;

OUTRAGEOUS !!!!!
Really looking forward to seeing your car in person sir !!

You have done an incredible job with it and the mods still keep coming
Tastefully done. Car looks amazing, even the Georgia plates tie in with the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks everyone. I think that we're about done from the outside.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
You're right on point. 295/35-19 up front and 305/35-19 in the rear. Stock sizes, but on R-Spec sized wheels (half inch wider). The factory tires on 1/2" narrower wheels are a bit stretched already, but I couldn't bring myself to throw out perfectly good Michelin Pilot Super Sports. When they wear down they will be replaced with wider tires for sure.

Thanks everyone. I think that we're about done from the outside.
If i had never driven in a GT350 I for sure would ask for a ride

Again one beautiful car sir

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow, so much progress + small details added in a relatively short amount of time on this car. Great job!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Added another little touch to the headlights today. Fully controllable through the RGB spectrum, but settled on green as it pops well against the orange. Once I was finished my daughter wanted to take a picture with the car.

This makes the third time the bumper has been off by my hands. Wish I would have saved myself the trouble and done it all at once lol.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,352 Posts
What a precious picture!

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
Added another little touch to the headlights today. Fully controllable through the RGB spectrum, but settled on green as it pops well against the orange. Once I was finished my daughter wanted to take a picture with the car.

This makes the third time the bumper has been off by my hands. Wish I would have saved myself the trouble and done it all at once lol.

Great pic, Kyle! Beauty and the Beast (y)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Lately I've really just been enjoying the car. Doesnt drink much oil and it's easy enough to top off what it does. I did get one more suspension upgrade in over the weekend and already impressed with it. Upgraded the rear vertical links to billet aluminum links from Steeda with their polyurethane bushings instead of delrin. This keeps road noise down while still delivering 90% of the performance improvement. The delrin are only suggested for drag racing which I wont be doing, at least not with slicks or drag radials.

Shame a piece this pretty will never be seen.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts