Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Luckily for me things seem to happen for a reason and this car turned up 240 miles away as a used 2018 with 2,100 miles, the option package I wanted, the low build number, and at 10K off of brand new. Deal was basically just too good to pass up so we made the deal and made the drive. Would have liked to have gotten more for my trade in, but considering how much I saved on this car I was fine with the deal at the end of it.
?

Up here, there is about $4,000 saved in sales tax on the trade-in too. ?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
That is definitely a Nice upgrade in technology and that GT350 looks GREAT!! Cool color!

I'll bet those GT350 wheels would look nice on a S197......

R

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Nice.

Love that colour. I respect your first "first" choice too....997.2 Turbos are terrific cars but $$$$$.

For $150, do the resonator delete. My good friend did it. No drone. Still quiet in non-sport mode/ 6th gear. But when you open it up / decel on sport mode, look out.

Night and day compared to your 09. When I went from driving my buddy's back to mine, it was like I hopped into a '94 F-350. I love my car, but other than the power, the GT350 is on a entire other level.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice.

Love that colour. I respect your first "first" choice too....997.2 Turbos are terrific cars but $$$$$.

For $150, do the resonator delete. My good friend did it. No drone. Still quiet in non-sport mode/ 6th gear. But when you open it up / decel on sport mode, look out.

Night and day compared to your 09. When I went from driving my buddy's back to mine, it was like I hopped into a '94 F-350. I love my car, but other than the power, the GT350 is on a entire other level.
That's exactly how I felt after getting in it and driving it some. I've considered the resonator delete, but this thing is pretty crazy loud as it is. I should probably get under the car and see if it already has the resonator delete on it. So far everything looks and appears to be 100% stock to this point.

awesome car...

Does it have the rev match??

Enjoy
Does not have the rev match that the new GT's have. Still using my heel to cover that. Hoping the throttle pedal spacer mod will make that easier. If not I'll order another set of SRP pedals for this car. Absolutely loved them on my 2009.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,058 Posts
GT500 Vert is gone - new toy has been picked up.

2018 GT350 Serial # J0006
Orange Fury with black/white stripes
Optioned with Recaros and Navigation

First mods have already begun. Gas pedal spacer and Steeda clutch spring upgrade. Certainly won't be chasing the 700hp barrier with this car the way I did with the previous.

Utterly amazed at the tech and the overall composure the vehicle has compared to the old live axle setup on the 09. The 305 pilot super sports in the rear help, but boy does this thing put power down and control all of it's body motions in an amazing fashion, and my god the brakes. They are so aggressive that I nearly didn't stop the wife's truck today in time as I was trying to stop it the way I stop in the 350.
Simply beautiful!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congrats Kyle, I see why we did not hook up for the pulley puller. Let me know, I'm ready !

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Congrats Kyle, I see why we did not hook up for the pulley puller. Let me know, I'm ready !
I'll get that to you before the end of next weekend. Had family in this weekend and the poor new car never once made it out of the garage from Wednesday night until today at about 4 PM.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'll get that to you before the end of next weekend. Had family in this weekend and the poor new car never once made it out of the garage from Wednesday night until today at about 4 PM.
You know I had to give you a hard time...Nice ride

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Beautiful car sir !!

Make sure you check you oil on a regular basis. Some of these cars do consume oil. Per ford based on the engine design

Had a 17 GT350 and loved it

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Beautiful car sir !!

Make sure you check you oil on a regular basis. Some of these cars do consume oil. Per ford based on the engine design

Had a 17 GT350 and loved it
700 miles down since I bought it and still full dipstick.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
YOU GOT ONE !!!!...... Glad to hear about no oil loss ... is it brand new ?

I didnt follow it but there is a brake in procedure and I recomend you follow it

Beautiful car Kyle !!

·
Premium Member
6,597 Posts
Wow, that's killer, totally jealous, and love the orange!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
YOU GOT ONE !!!!...... Glad to hear about no oil loss ... is it brand new ?

I didnt follow it but there is a brake in procedure and I recomend you follow it

Beautiful car Kyle !!
Not brand new. 2,000 miles on it. Bone stock except for a resonator delete. Car came out of Canada and has the center gauges in BAR and C* instead of PSI and F*. Has the typical driver's side wiper hood scratch and no floormats, but is otherwise in seemingly great shape.

Car is up to 2,700 miles now and I just always take it easy to start and keep the revs below 3 until my oil temps are up in the mid 100's and cylinder head temps are nearing 200.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Not brand new. 2,000 miles on it. Bone stock except for a resonator delete. Car came out of Canada and has the center gauges in BAR and C* instead of PSI and F*. Has the typical driver's side wiper hood scratch and no floormats, but is otherwise in seemingly great shape.

Car is up to 2,700 miles now and I just always take it easy to start and keep the revs below 3 until my oil temps are up in the mid 100's and cylinder head temps are nearing 200.
on EBAY they make vinyl lettering that fits in the word shelby

you should be able to get it in orange ... its cheap and seems to stick real well

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-2017-2018-Ford-Mustang-SHELBY-GT350-Front-Splitter-Letters-Overlay-Kit/282738016340?hash=item41d47fc054:g:QQsAAOSwkjFajHmR:rk:1:pf:0

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,576 Posts

I’m wondering if a dealer can change your gauges to PSI/F...?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I love that color of orange. If it were mine, I think I would prefer the LeMans stripes to be solid white with no pin stripes and wheels with polished barrels with a light charcoal or silver wheel centers.

I guess I might be overly sensitive to the Halloween motif. See quite a few Porsches with orange and black everything and seems too much for me.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I love that color of orange. If it were mine, I think I would prefer the LeMans stripes to be solid white with no pin stripes and wheels with polished barrels with a light charcoal or silver wheel centers.

I guess I might be overly sensitive to the Halloween motif. See quite a few Porsches with orange and black everything and seems too much for me.
Plan is for gunmetal wheels most likely and then a re-do of the stripes. In 2019 the black stripes have the "Magnetic" color instead of white alongside them. Something similar to that to tie into the gunmetal wheels.

Just finished the install of the Sullivan Racing Products pedals. Had these on my GT500 and they're just the best. Also playing around with some orange vinyl overlays. Working with a vendor some more this week to get some finalized color options. Think we have it narrowed down, but I have one final batch of samples coming in.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts