Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GT500 Vert is gone - new toy has been picked up.

2018 GT350 Serial # J0006
Orange Fury with black/white stripes
Optioned with Recaros and Navigation

First mods have already begun. Gas pedal spacer and Steeda clutch spring upgrade. Certainly won't be chasing the 700hp barrier with this car the way I did with the previous.

Utterly amazed at the tech and the overall composure the vehicle has compared to the old live axle setup on the 09. The 305 pilot super sports in the rear help, but boy does this thing put power down and control all of it's body motions in an amazing fashion, and my god the brakes. They are so aggressive that I nearly didn't stop the wife's truck today in time as I was trying to stop it the way I stop in the 350.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,765 Posts
Looking good. That color sure is attention getting.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,373 Posts
Outstanding! Congratulations on the 350!

I have never ridden in one, but I’m sure it feels quite “planted” to the road much like my 00R. Don’t get me wrong, I love my GT500, but the IRS and race suspension make my R so much fun to drive. Cars that handle that well enspire confidence... you know exactly what it’s going to do at all times... no surprises!

If the next GT500 comes with power AND a good suspension, it’ll be nuts!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hammering it today and made a hard 2nd to 3rd shift at like 65 while in a turn and it just gave the littlest wiggle and kept on going. The GT500 would have sent me doing donuts across 4 lanes.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
986 Posts
Very nice. The VP of the company where I work has been looking for “the right” R for a while. He grabbed me at lunch a few weeks ago and took me to look at a grey(forget the name) one. He asked if they would pull it out of the showroom so we could drive it but wanted me to drive? I wasn’t sure what to say. He bought a 50th anniversary GT back in 15 and it only has like 30 miles on it. I couldn’t but I felt like saying. “Please don’t buy this and park it. This horse needs to run”!!! :grin:

Congrats man. Let her run!

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
AWESOME!!!

Congrats, Kyle. I love that color combo — killer!

I think you need to work off the big Thanksgiving feast tomorrow by working through the gears for a few hundred miles in the north GA mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AWESOME!!!

Congrats, Kyle. I love that color combo — killer!

I think you need to work off the big Thanksgiving feast tomorrow by working through the gears for a few hundred miles in the north GA mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I didn't have inlaws staying with us all weekend I absolutely would.

Congratulations!

Man, seems like you just decided recently that a change was in order, you don't mess around.
Truthfully I've been shopping new cars for the majority of the year with a lot of my focus being on 2011 to 2013 997.2 Turbo and Turbo S cars. In the end we decided to dial back on the financial expenditures after a local dealer had a 2,000 mile 2017 GT350 in all white show up for 50K vs the 85 to 90K for the 911's. I began watching videos and researching this as an option and decided to move forward with the GT350 when that local car sold.

Luckily for me things seem to happen for a reason and this car turned up 240 miles away as a used 2018 with 2,100 miles, the option package I wanted, the low build number, and at 10K off of brand new. Deal was basically just too good to pass up so we made the deal and made the drive. Would have liked to have gotten more for my trade in, but considering how much I saved on this car I was fine with the deal at the end of it.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,079 Posts
Congrats & good luck with the 18, quite a color change from the Vapor Silver..

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,071 Posts
Kyle, you're killing me! LOL! I really am tempted to get a new GT350. Tired of waiting for the new GT500 or any tangible info about it! I was beside one (in wife's BMW) for a while on the beltway a couple days ago. He was going through the gears, and gearing down for the off ramp. Man did that thing sound great! Is your's an "R" ?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats & good luck with the 18, quite a color change from the Vapor Silver..
Massive change. Any hope of subtlety went right out the window.

Kyle, you're killing me! LOL! I really am tempted to get a new GT350. Tired of waiting for the new GT500 or any tangible info about it! I was beside one (in wife's BMW) for a while on the beltway a couple days ago. He was going through the gears, and gearing down for the off ramp. Man did that thing sound great! Is your's an "R" ?
Not an R as I needed the backseat and Ford stopped selling the backseat installation kit for the R's a while ago.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,071 Posts
Massive change. Any hope of subtlety went right out the window.

Not an R as I needed the backseat and Ford stopped selling the backseat installation kit for the R's a while ago.
That's the same choice I'll make if I take the plunge! Need the back seat for the Lab! LOL! Congrats on a great car!!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts