Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many lost interest in the BIG BAD 3.4 Whipple blower because they didn't want to remove their strut tower brace, lower their engine, or replace the stock hood. Well, not availible yet, but soon the 2.9 Whipple blower will be released and will solve the strut tower, lowering the engine, and hood issue as well as give you big efficient horsepower.

After speaking with Dustin for months about the 3.4 and the 2.9 Whipple Blower. The 3.4 is a mean blower for sure, but the 2.9 lil brother will be just as mean making some amazing numbers.

Here is pictures of the 3.4 & the upcoming new 2.9 Whipple Ford Racing blowers.

Here is the new 2.9 Whipple

Here is the existing 3.4 Whipple

Enjoy

·
Registered
45 Posts
:eek: Wow. Both those Whipples are massive!! Has anyone posted Dyno charts with either of these twin screw chargers installed with supporting mods?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The 2.9 hasn't been released yet, but there are plenty of dyno graphs of the 3.4 Whipple.

Here is a video of a GT500 with a 3.4 Whipple on the dyno.

14 lbs. of boost standard kit pulley 3.5
93 Octane pump gas
Kooks Headers & x-pipe

650rwhp

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=20735946

And go get the Dec. 2007 issue of MM&FF magazine and you will see JDM do a install of the 3.4 Whipple and get 708 rwhp 679 rwtq with 103 octane fuel and 3.375 pulley stock no headers.

And 642 rwhp & 614rwtq with a stock no headers GT500 on pump gas 93 octane.

Nice article

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Thanks for the info LSR. I read the MM&FF article. The 3.4 looks awesome. It even comes in the fastest color (white):D I'm seriously considering it for the spring. I already have a hood that it will fit under.

Cal

·
Registered
373 Posts
Definitely getting it along with some new rubber.
Looking like a Spring install for me as well!!
:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
That superchargher displaces more air than my block does water...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Yeah. Ain't it cool?

Look at you Prez you are a math magician.How many fingers am I holding up?:D If you keep that up I will have to cover 1 eye;)

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Thanks for the info LSR. I read the MM&FF article. The 3.4 looks awesome. It even comes in the fastest color (white):D I'm seriously considering it for the spring. I already have a hood that it will fit under.

Cal
Cal,

Evo has a kit forthcoming that features the 2.9 and it'll smoke. Period.

bj

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Cal,

bj
Thanks BJ,

I'm going to wait and see what they come up with.

Cal

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cal,

bj
Hmmmm bj, sounds like somebody has plans...;)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
When you say it'll smoke, I hope its more than just the tires. That seems the biggest issue with the GT500 - traction.

Look forward to some data on the new blower in action though..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Has anyone got pricing for the 2.9 whipple yet???

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'm leaning towards a 3.4 Whipple being as I have the room for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Many lost interest in the BIG BAD 3.4 Whipple blower because they didn't want to remove their strut tower brace, lower their engine, or replace the stock hood. Well, not availible yet, but soon the 2.9 Whipple blower will be released and will solve the strut tower, lowering the engine, and hood issue as well as give you big efficient horsepower.

After speaking with Dustin for months about the 3.4 and the 2.9 Whipple Blower. The 3.4 is a mean blower for sure, but the 2.9 lil brother will be just as mean making some amazing numbers.

Here is pictures of the 3.4 & the upcoming new 2.9 Whipple Ford Racing blowers.

Here is the new 2.9 Whipple

Here is the existing 3.4 Whipple

Enjoy
I notice there is NO tower tie in. Will the 2.9 fit under it or do you have to make a new one???

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 2.9 will fit under the stock tower brace.

·
Registered
13 Posts
wooohooo I just ordered the 2.8 stage 3 whipple from kenne bell today. should have it installed and dyno'd in about 2-3 weeks. i'll post the final dyno #'s when I get it done.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Lucky dog...

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts