Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn’t see Anything on the 20’+. Ive always been a big fan and now days with LED tech im sure they’re sweet. Just wanted some opinions/pics And where to buy them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
5,468 Posts
I got pulled over by a State trooper, ( N.J. ) that thought my tails were smoked..

Reactions: InPursuit

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only way I would ever do this mod is if it was buying replacement lights like above. They use a smoked clear lens with bright leds. It doesn’t hinder light performance. I’m not on board with spraying over the stock red lights. That gets dangerous. I know a guy that got rear ended because you literally couldn’t see the brake lights.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 08 Metallic Vista Blue Vert
7,322 Posts
Any modification to "look cool" and subsequently interferes with the safety of the passenger or car is "not cool" to quote Chuck from "Last Man Standing!" The legal ramifications could be staggering in an accident.
^^ THIS !

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
^^ THIS !
Fair question. Have either of you actually looked at any of these? There is no difference in visibility with running lights, turn signals or brake lights when installing these. It’s literally bright colored leds behind a clear/smoked plastic instead of white leds behind red plastic.
It changes the look of the car when no lights are being used.
These are not the same as spraying your stock taillights with tint spray that actually inhibits visibility. Link included.

@Goose17 even have your car for the test mule 😂

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
I have the Raxion5 w/sequential turns which are a dark red tail, never had an issue, but this is AZ.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
795 Posts
Is this still a thing? I remember kids went from completely clear taillights to blacked out ones. ;)

Serious note though: there was a white CFTP with black stripes that had dark (not blacked out) tail lights at a show recently. It looked pretty nice. With the way people drive around here in FL I definitely don't want to give the person running into me (and their insurance co.) ANY ammunition at all though!

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
Is this still a thing? I remember kids went from completely clear taillights to blacked out ones. ;)

Serious note though: there was a white CFTP with black stripes that had dark (not blacked out) tail lights at a show recently. It looked pretty nice. With the way people drive around here in FL I definitely

don't want to give the person running into me (and their insurance co.) ANY ammunition at all though!
This would be the worry, even IF the State allows them.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,901 Posts
Fair question. Have either of you actually looked at any of these? There is no difference in visibility with running lights, turn signals or brake lights when installing these. It’s literally bright colored leds behind a clear/smoked plastic instead of white leds behind red plastic.
It changes the look of the car when no lights are being used.
These are not the same as spraying your stock taillights with tint spray that actually inhibits visibility. Link included.

@Goose17 even have your car for the test mule 😂
The lights look good on some combos.

That’s a GT350 they used.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,444 Posts
You can do a vinyl overlay to tint them which would be cheaper than a replacement housing. Any good vinyl or PPF shop should be able to do it. But as stated, check local regulations. IIRC most states require tail lights to be visible from 1000 feet or more.

·
Registered
2020 Grabber Lime GT500 CFTP w/ Painted Black Stripes
27 Posts
When I had ppf and ceramic done on my cars I had them paint the taillight assemblies with a tinted clear coat - they look way better than films…

I don’t have any pics of them after it was done. They went into storage for the winter…

·
Registered
2020 GT500
22 Posts
I did a search and didn’t see Anything on the 20’+. Ive always been a big fan and now days with LED tech im sure they’re sweet. Just wanted some opinions/pics And where to buy them.

Thanks!
I have the euro style

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 GT500
22 Posts

Thanks!
Diode dynamics makes a really nice smoked side marker LED plug and play. On my car you can’t even see them unless you really look hard

Attachments

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
07 GT500
685 Posts
Ya they look cool on some cars. problem is that they are hard to see the lights in the daytime. So if you tint your taillights be ware that the guy behind you might not see you stop. if you get rear ended it might be your fault with tinted lights.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya they look cool on some cars. problem is that they are hard to see the lights in the daytime. So if you tint your taillights be ware that the guy behind you might not see you stop. if you get rear ended it might be your fault with tinted lights.
Im looking to do the ones like shelby2020 has above. Nothing wrong/illegal with them. The mach E comes with something similiar from the factory.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
22 Posts
Im looking to do the ones like shelby2020 has above. Nothing wrong/illegal with them. The mach E comes with something similiar from the factory.
You will like them easy install plus your stocks are always available if you want to switch back. Plenty of light shows thru them.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 Twister Orange with black stripes
146 Posts
I’ve been going back and forth on spraying my red lights so they are tinted or putting in the euro style lights . I looked at Vland and renegade smoke versions. My car is twister orange and I’m getting hung up with the euro lights because even though it’s smoked from the pics, the smoked lights still look white and less toward tinted black which I don’t like the look when the car is off.
Shelby2020s pic doesn’t look so white but it might be because the car is so black in the pic , idk. Is there a euro options that’s a little more aggressively smoked?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts