Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, want to get your input here. Have any of you had this or know of it? I always park my car in exactly the same postion in my garage, and as you can see, the garage stays pretty clean. I noticed today when I pulled it out to sweep that there is a grease like substance about where there tranny is. I've put in a couple pics. Any ideas on what it might be or if this is something normal that you've experienced would be great help. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Guys, want to get your input here. Have any of you had this or know of it? I always park my car in exactly the same postion in my garage, and as you can see, the garage stays pretty clean. I noticed today when I pulled it out to sweep that there is a grease like substance about where there tranny is. I've put in a couple pics. Any ideas on what it might be or if this is something normal that you've experienced would be great help. Thanks

Could be the hanging clutch:eek: and you clutch material is falling out, is the stuff powder like greasy? my spot was gray like dust.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Could be the hanging clutch:eek: and you clutch material is falling out, is the stuff powder like greasy? my spot was gray like dust.
That would be my guess.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I few tranny's made it to the line that were made in China. Unforunately they looked just like Aluminum, but in fact they are finding out that they are compressed rock powder and they are slowly deteriorating. I would just take it in for a check and explain this to your service manager and ask if there is a TSB on the CRT's. (China Rock Tranny's) :D

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The clutch dust falls out of the slot in the tranny casing. Here is my old one. Ther Ceramic clutch plate dust is normal.

Here is the new one. You can see the slot good in this Pic.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
That little hole would make a smaller spot, my explanation is much more believeable....:D

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The dust also can come out of the slot at the edge of the bell housing. If you look in my pic, you will see the dust on the floor by the slot.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Mine had lots of dust...

I am now dust free.:D

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
12,200 miles...and I baby my car....

:D

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Nice to have your car all broke in after a year get a new tranny and clutch.

How's she running ? I only have 45 miles on my new set up! I can't wait to start using her. I have my new bra on too, so I will be taking some trips in my car this summer.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

How's she running ? I only have 45 miles on my new set up! I can't wait to start using her. I have my new bra on too, so I will be taking some trips in my car this summer.
Car is doing fine, I think I have about 150 miles since tranny?

:D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

Rob , I'm supprised I didn't know you wore a bra.......

sorry I couldn't pass on that one.....my corny sence of humor I guess.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Just what I needed in the morning.:(

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I few tranny's made it to the line that were made in China. Unforunately they looked just like Aluminum, but in fact they are finding out that they are compressed rock powder and they are slowly deteriorating. I would just take it in for a check and explain this to your service manager and ask if there is a TSB on the CRT's. (China Rock Tranny's) :D

So, Tex what did the dealer say about this?:D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the info and pics.

Mine just went in today for the springs, lca and panhard! FINALLY....

I'll post the pics when they are done.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts