Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have purchase the TVS kit and have made a decision about my computer tune, now I need to decide what type of throttle body to purchase. The stock TB is way too small to allow adequate airflow for the TVS. I have looked at the new CJ (M-9926-CJ) dual 63.5 mm which is now available. What are the benefits of a single blade over the new CJ TB? I have read some very informative threads about fuel curves and the limits of the stock fuel system and I was hoping some of you possess some of that same knowledge about TB's. This is my final decision for my first round of mods.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Stew

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Not as much of a difference as I would have thought in the comparison,The Lund tune has worked out the driveability issues for most on the monoblade,I went with twin 67mm and am very happy with the driveability-No difference than stock.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
The Lund tune has worked out the driveability issues for most on the monoblade
It seems that tune for the monoblade continues to improve with each revision.

I went with twin 67mm and am very happy with the driveability-No difference than stock.
I have the twin 66mm and my experience has been the same.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have purchase the TVS kit and have made a decision about my computer tune, now I need to decide what type of throttle body to purchase. The stock TB is way too small to allow adequate airflow for the TVS. I have looked at the new CJ (M-9926-CJ) dual 63.5 mm which is now available. What are the benefits of a single blade over the new CJ TB? I have read some very informative threads about fuel curves and the limits of the stock fuel system and I was hoping some of you possess some of that same knowledge about TB's. This is my final decision for my first round of mods.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Stew
If you want a HP number on a dyno go with the monoblade

If you want better driveability go with the twin

I have driven cars with a monoblade and to me there were very harsh at low and part throttle driving; maybe some of that can be cleaned up with a tune like others have suggested but I don't see the benefit. The engineering $ that OEMs spend arrived at a twin which costs more to manufacture; in my opinion if the mono had better characteristics they would have went that route.

I went with a BBK twin 66 but am considering going to the CJ one; it is a little smaller but still plenty of airflow for up to 800 HP and I believe it is more of a quality piece than the BBK. I wish FRPP would pull their head out of their butt though and sell just the TB and not include the motor and TPS with it....they could cut the price in half by having us swap the motor and TPS over like the other brands do.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
i've driven mine with stock, bbk and now monoblade. all have been great. monoblade's do have the sluggishness in lower ranges, but the refined tune fixed it. drives great. there will be however a new TB coming out very shortly that performs better then all of them..and matches the monoblade at 5k rpm and above. you may want to wait a bit then decide. best part..no tune needed just like the bbk...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright Milez,

You caught my attention. Who might be making this throttle body? I am currently torn between the CJ TB (M-9926-CJ) and the VMP 67MM TB. Will this new TB be significantly better?

Stew

·
Registered
15 Posts
Without looking at that referenced article which may have covered this, I believe the throttle body issues are, and have always been the same, even when all we used were carbs and intakes.

It's all about intake velocity. Though a monoblade has ungodly flow numbers, the sluggishness is a result of lowered intake charge velocity and the inherent problems with combustion and cylinder filling. These days we have extremely sophisticated fuel injection and tuning systems that allow the best compromises for these inherent issues.

The bottom line is what are you using the car for (also what are you gonna run for boost with your new blower). A street car will perform better with a little less CFM in the TB that has to be tuned around, but more boost will allow "more" of the bigger TB to be used. If you are road racing the car and run it hard all the time go with a bigger TB, for the street choose wisely, with an honest consideration of how the car is actually being driven.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
there will be however a new TB coming out very shortly that performs better then all of them..and matches the monoblade at 5k rpm and above.
Dramatically increased air flow without a re-tune? Sounds like a recipe for a lean condition.

If this mysterious TB is ever produced and it performs as advertised, it would still be a good idea to get it tuned.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Dramatically increased air flow without a re-tune? Sounds like a recipe for a lean condition.

If this mysterious TB is ever produced and it performs as advertised, it would still be a good idea to get it tuned.
i never said increase airflow..the new design tb and plenum allows the flow to be better, more consistent and smoother. read the links i posted. it is being produced, just ironing out a few things. so far testing as yielded no tune needed..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Alright Milez,

You caught my attention. Who might be making this throttle body? I am currently torn between the CJ TB (M-9926-CJ) and the VMP 67MM TB. Will this new TB be significantly better?

Stew
Here are some results from the L&M TB test.

Test car -TVS blower , headers Pump gas, 16psi 19 degrees of timing, full exhaust with cats. All testing was done on the same dyno,same day, same car, with all engine and blower temps being equal.

We tested it vs the stock Throttle body and others.(All which include the same bolt pattern as the stock TB)

Dyno graph and data results are L&M vs the stock TB.

I can tell you no other twin blade out there that use the stock bolt pattern(None!!!) was even close...... The best twin blade compare to the L&M was not even at 50 percent gain of what the L&M produced. I can also tell you the L&M was superior to all of the TB's out there including the large single blade. TB's tested only included ones that use the same style/bolt pattern as the stock TB

The L&M is superior to all other TB with an air flow design no others can offer. The L&M uses stock style OEM gears, which eliminates issues seen with some other TB that use different style gears.
The dyno graph did not show.

I am one of the designers of this new TB.hydro

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sounds like a winner to me. Where can i get it.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts