Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lights are too dim on these cars...anyone upgraded to a brighter light? Are Silverstars available yet?

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
That is another thing on my wish list that Ford should have either made that an option or just Standard having the bright white lights.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I am going to try Silverstars. Do you think ours are the same as the '06 Mustang? This is the one they show for that car:

H13ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

Now, which Fog light bulb is it??

·
Registered
300 Posts
The headlamp is the same bulb as the GT. Fogs are different and not available as Silverstars. Heck replacement stock bulbs are not available for the Fogs. I have a Bi-Xenon hi/lo HID kit to install in the GT500 headllamps over the new years holiday weekend (first time I will have some free days) and will let you folks know how it goes. Plan to install the Ford Auto Headlight controller as well. Will convert the fogs as well at some point but no info on those bulbs at the moment.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The headlamp is the same bulb as the GT. Fogs are different and not available as Silverstars. Heck replacement stock bulbs are not available for the Fogs. I have a Bi-Xenon hi/lo HID kit to install in the GT500 headllamps over the new years holiday weekend (first time I will have some free days) and will let you folks know how it goes. Plan to install the Ford Auto Headlight controller as well. Will convert the fogs as well at some point but no info on those bulbs at the moment.
I purchased the H13ST bulbs at Autozone. Installed them in my 05 GT and my 07 Shelby. There is a noticable improvement without the glare you get from the 'blue' bulbs'.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Do you have to do any wiring to use the new bulbs? I know on some of the newer type bulbs you have a wiring kit you need to install.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with the lights being too dim. I am going to wait for some of the HID kits, I think Shelby's is suppose to be out in February. I know of only one other HID kit currently available.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put those in last night...couldnt take it out (raining) but they looked much brighter in the garage. The fogs are not the same as the 03-04 are they?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I too will be installing the Sylvania Silver Stars but I also intend to disable the headlight and tail light feature when utilizing the remote to unlock the doors. If this were to only operate at night I could see the purpose but this feature functioning during the day, every time we utilize the key farb, will only shorten bulb life with little functional value. The owners manual has the information to disable this feature for those who may want to do the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If any of ya'll have ever driven a car with true HID, the difference is night and day (no pun intended). There are HID conversion kits that are plug and play. Two vendors that I learned about over on the SRT8 forums are:

factoronegarage http://factoronegarage.easystorecreator.net/items/exterior-interior/hid-conversion-kits/all-makes~models/hid-conversion-kits-hid-conversion-kits-detail.htm

and

intense HID http://www.intensehid.com/

Kits from factor one are in the $300 range and the ones from intense are in the $200 range. These kits are supposed to plug right into where your bulb is now (they run to a ballast, which you'll have to mount, then to a bulb that fits right into the headlamp).

One down side is that you may get others flashing their lights at you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Silver Stars.....hmmm
Are these the same as Silver Bullets?
Will get mine this weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I think I am going to try Silverstars. Do you think ours are the same as the '06 Mustang? This is the one they show for that car:

H13ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

Now, which Fog light bulb is it??

I believe H13 goes in the GT and the Shelby for headlight.These are the numbers for the fog lights,Philips PA46-GF40.That is on the plastic housing.On the metal base it says PS24WFF
J642JG

FYI-the yellow plastic housing is part of the bulb and very easy to break the tabs.If you are replacing then it doesn't matter but wanted you to know.It looks like it doesn't want to come apart, thats because it has an o-ring seal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts