Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get blank sill plates either in aluminum or stainless steel?They have to be blank with no writing or stamping!Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Good luck, 07. I did some searching around and can't find anything that is completely blank. You might have better luck having them built. The ones I've found seem to range from $150 to $200 a set. You might be able to find someone who will machine them for you cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck, 07. I did some searching around and can't find anything that is completely blank. You might have better luck having them built. The ones I've found seem to range from $150 to $200 a set. You might be able to find someone who will machine them for you cheaper.

I have found them in the $29 to $109 bracket but not blank.Thanks though.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found some sill plates for $79 that are silkscreened for the Mach I in either all stainless or all brushed aluminum no plastic.Waiting for a reply.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
07 SHELBY,

Just curious. Why blank sill plates?

When we built Bill Ford Jr. car it was engraved "This Shelby was built for Bill Ford Junior (with the date)".I thought that was the coolest thing and I wanted to do that.I wasn't going to tell but what the hell I am just copying too.

·
Registered
933 Posts
07 SHELBY,

That's sounds awesome.

Please post pics when you get it done.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Great idea!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
07 SHELBY,

That's sounds awesome.

Please post pics when you get it done.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Great idea!

I will.I have been wanting to do this for a long time but I have been putting in long days and when I have time I forget.I hate getting old.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know where my keys are,I think!It is suppose to be in the 60's this weekend and I haven't driven the beast in months.If this keeps up I will have to take a vacation day next week.We had a good rain today so the salt should be gone.I can't wait,sorry Prez!

·
Registered
933 Posts
07 SHELBY,

Like the 'Prez', I don't have my car either. Actually I can sort of understand and feel his pain as I won't be getting mine for another year. Time from deposit to driving will be approximately 2 years for me, so I think a similar wait time. I know I should have read his dates before replying. It's the age thing.

All we can do is envy all you current owners.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
07 SHELBY,

Like the 'Prez', I don't have my car either. Actually I can sort of understand and feel his pain as I won't be getting mine for another year. Time from deposit to driving will be approximately 2 years for me, so I think a similar wait time. I know I should have read his dates before replying. It's the age thing.

All we can do is envy all you current owners.

Enjoy the ride!
I think the Prez will be getting his ride soooooon.If you want to be the next Prez you will have to learn how to whine a little better.If you ask real nice I am sure he will give you some pointers.He has an altered ego,a cat with a Tommy gun.Watch it!

·
Registered
933 Posts
07 SHELBY,

That's a title I'd rather not have (no offense 'Prez'). I've read all of his messages and feel for him.

You're right though, his Shelby's just around the corner.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
07 SHELBY,

That's a title I'd rather not have (no offense 'Prez'). I've read all of his messages and feel for him.

You're right though, his Shelby's just around the corner.

Ok fair enough.I thought since you will have the longest wait you would deserve it and be the best candidate.I think down the road the whining will come more natural though.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
07 SHELBY,

Just noticed your new avatar.

She's looking real nice.

Thanks,are you sure you don't want to be Prez he was always the 1st 2 to notice my changes?I just did it a couple of minutes ago.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Prez where are you ?You can chime in at any time!

·
Registered
933 Posts
07 SHELBY,

We must have been typing at the same time.

You're right, I'll probably earn the title as time goes on, but I'll do my best to try an contain myself, at least in the near future, as I don't want to appear too eager to take on the title.

Been a slice chatting with you.

Got to signoff now, my 10 year old son is booting me off the computer, so he can do his homework!!!

Times...they have changed!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
07 SHELBY,

We must have been typing at the same time.

You're right, I'll probably earn the title as time goes on, but I'll do my best to try an contain myself, at least in the near future, as I don't want to appear too eager to take on the title.

Been a slice chatting with you.

Got to signoff now, my 10 year old son is booting me off the computer, so he can do his homework!!!

Times...they have changed!

Been nice chatin.I will quit politican.I have to go too I have to get up in a couple of hours.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Prez where are you ?You can chime in at any time!
Sorry 07. I only hang out here while I'm at work.

Hey Arbour88. You should really think about taking on the 'Prez' title. I find whining to be very therapeutic. :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts