Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if manufacturers are going to make shifters for the GT500? I have a Hurst in my '06 GT and I love it! 1-2 throw is less than 1".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Berzerk said:
Does anyone know if manufacturers are going to make shifters for the GT500? I have a Hurst in my '06 GT and I love it! 1-2 throw is less than 1".

The Shelby has a short stroke.I have a Hurst T-handle going on.A good buddy got it for me.Kind of a Shelby warming gift.Thanks bud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
07 SHELBY said:
The Shelby has a short stroke.I have a Hurst T-handle going on.A good buddy got it for me.Kind of a Shelby warming gift.Thanks bud.
I sat in ours yesterday. It definitely wasn't a long pull, but there is always room for less. :D Can't wait to drive it home tomorrow.
I guess I'm just used to the real short, and as some say "notchy feel" my Hurst has. Its very stiff up and down as well as side-to-side and when you put it into gear, it almost feels like it locks in. Very firm.
I'll see how I warm up to the shifter. Thanks 07!

BTW- do you know if the Mustang GT axle-backs will fit the GT500s?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Berzerk said:
I sat in ours yesterday. It definitely wasn't a long pull, but there is always room for less. :D Can't wait to drive it home tomorrow.
I guess I'm just used to the real short, and as some say "notchy feel" my Hurst has. Its very stiff up and down as well as side-to-side and when you put it into gear, it almost feels like it locks in. Very firm.
I'll see how I warm up to the shifter. Thanks 07!

BTW- do you know if the Mustang GT axle-backs will fit the GT500s?

Yes they will.I bought Ford Racing axle backs.Steeda,Roush and Fords are all made by Borla.Exactly the same except cost.All made for the GT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
07 SHELBY said:
Yes they will.I bought Ford Racing axle backs.Steeda,Roush and Fords are all made by Borla.Exactly the same except cost.All made for the GT.
I'm leaning to SLPs, but if they don't fit, I'm getting Borlas. I have SLPs on my GT and they're awesome, but Borla is just as good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
888 Posts
Berzerk said:
Does anyone know if manufacturers are going to make shifters for the GT500? I have a Hurst in my '06 GT and I love it! 1-2 throw is less than 1".
I have the Hurst in my '05 GT and I also love it, but I think I am satisfied with the shift of the Shelby. It is much better than the stock GT was! It doesn't have the "notchy feel" you are talking about, but I still like it!

The problem I have had this week (driving both cars!) is remembering where to find reverse!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
oldimp said:
I have the Hurst in my '05 GT and I also love it, but I think I am satisfied with the shift of the Shelby. It is much better than the stock GT was! It doesn't have the "notchy feel" you are talking about, but I still like it!

The problem I have had this week (driving both cars!) is remembering where to find reverse!

I don't want to find reverse,I just want to go forward and get my Shelby!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oldimp said:
I have the Hurst in my '05 GT and I also love it, but I think I am satisfied with the shift of the Shelby. It is much better than the stock GT was! It doesn't have the "notchy feel" you are talking about, but I still like it!

The problem I have had this week (driving both cars!) is remembering where to find reverse!
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I like how the stock setup looks. Not sure how a White ball would look in there anyway. I can't wait till 9am tomorrow!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Well I just finished putting my Steeda Tri-Axe shifter in.Going to go take some pictures and then put the new driveshaft in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Well I just finished putting my Steeda Tri-Axe shifter in.Going to go take some pictures and then put the new driveshaft in.
Not sure but I believe that's the short through shifter used by Carroll Sheby's Super Snake upgrade. GGBIW
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,034 Posts
Man...that shifter's a pain in the ass to install, aint it? Worse yet...they dont make any cool knobs for it.


bj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
888 Posts
Man...that shifter's a pain in the ass to install, aint it? Worse yet...they dont make any cool knobs for it.


bj
07 SHELBY will find a Hurst T-handle to go on it some kind of way I bet! I was looking on the RPM Outlet site and it appears that Hurst is developing a shifter for us.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/07wip.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,400 Posts
Man...that shifter's a pain in the ass to install, aint it? Worse yet...they dont make any cool knobs for it.


bj
Seems like it is but am hoping to install mine with the tranny swap and kill two birds with one stone. With the trans out the shifter should be a piece of cake and the one piece drive shaft and loop are all part of the process.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Man...that shifter's a pain in the ass to install, aint it? Worse yet...they dont make any cool knobs for it.


bj


Yes,pain in the a$$.I have a Hurst T-handle,A black ball with a Cobra on it and a white ball with a Cobra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,400 Posts
07 How do you like the new shifter? Was it worth the install process?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
07 How do you like the new shifter? Was it worth the install process?
Well I haven't tried it yet,cars all tore apart.I think it will be worth it.I have to finish the headers and pulley then I'll try it.I just have a lack of time right now.This week is a 80 hour work week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
I have installed that shifter and I do like it better than the stock shifter. Is it worth the install? Well when doing it you ask yourself what the heck am I doing this for but in the end it is worth it. I think most things that take work are worth it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,034 Posts
anybody found a handle that'll fit the Tri-Ax yet? With the bizarre stock setup where the boot is part of the system, Steeda says they have nuthin'


bj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
I put the stock handle back on mine.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top