Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a Hurst Pistol Grip shifter handle on and I love it. What kind has anyone else put on?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Just put a Hurst Pistol Grip shifter handle on and I love it. What kind has anyone else put on?
That is nice.:) What was involved to change it and where did you get it and cost?

Thanks

Cal

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is nice.:) What was involved to change it and where did you get it and cost?

Thanks

Cal
Got it at Summit Racing cost $61.88 (HUU-1536000) http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...tol+Grip+shifter&searchinresults=false&N=+115

To change it they supply you with the correct bushings to connect it to your shifter. I have changed my shifter to a steeda Tri Axslightly different then stock so you will need to make something to hold the leather boot up against the bottom of the handle. I found a rubber gromet in my garage to make it work.

·
Registered
373 Posts
hmm..
any way you can post a picture installed? =) so i can see rubber thingy?

·
Registered
861 Posts
hmm..
any way you can post a picture installed? =) so i can see rubber thingy?

I second that.

How do you like the tri-axe shifter. I had one in my 98GT years ago and loved it. It was a lot stiffer and a lot tighter but I really enjoyed it. It was a little noisier then stock but nothing I could handle. What do you think of it. Was it difficult to install? I heard it was kinda tricky to swap shifters in the gt500.

JJ

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

I have a round black ball with a Cobra in it.I made a bushing for mine.Here is an easy bushing.I think the threads on the Steeda shifter is 12mm.Use a 12mm or 14mm washer and drive it up to the bottom of the handle with a 12mm nut:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Greg,whats going on?Hows the car holding out.:cool:
Got an authorization code from Ralph today. All the new parts are on order. When they come in, I'll schedule it to go in and I'll be adding the adjustable panhard rod and DS loops. Should be ready by next week. I've been driving gingerly, so as not to wind up without 2nd gear. It'll be nice to be able to hammer it again.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
thanks sn8kbyt-

·
Registered
938 Posts