Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally found a dealer with the color combo I wanted who was willing to let his GT500 go for a "reasonable" price. We made a verbal deal on Monday and he got his money yesterday. The transporter is supposed to pick up the car this morning and by Thursday she should be in her new home in Texas!!!

Just wanted to thank everyone (especially 07) for all the great information that I have picked up along the way. Now, hopefully I can give a little back.

All I can say is I can't wait!!!!!:D

PS. For those of you who dont have your Shelby's yet, prices are softening somewhat. Just search dealer inventories until you find a dealer with the car you want and start calling. I never believed the "last day of the month is the best time to buy a car" theory, but it is true!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Congrats 67stang!!!:D

Coupe or vert and what color? Pics please.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Well, I finally found a dealer with the color combo I wanted who was willing to let his GT500 go for a "reasonable" price. We made a verbal deal on Monday and he got his money yesterday. The transporter is supposed to pick up the car this morning and by Thursday she should be in her new home in Texas!!!

Just wanted to thank everyone (especially 07) for all the great information that I have picked up along the way. Now, hopefully I can give a little back.

All I can say is I can't wait!!!!!:D

PS. For those of you who dont have your Shelby's yet, prices are softening somewhat. Just search dealer inventories until you find a dealer with the car you want and start calling. I never believed the "last day of the month is the best time to buy a car" theory, but it is true!!!!

You're welcome.Glad you got 1 you are going to love it.Keep in touch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are a couple of pics from the Showroom Floor:

The sign on the window is supposed to say "Sold - Please Do Not Touch":)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Nice ride,how exciting.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Here are a couple of pics from the Showroom Floor:

The sign on the window is supposed to say "Sold - Please Do Not Touch":)
Very nice!!:D A beauty.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Very nice :) What part of TX is she headed to?

·
Registered
301 Posts
67 Stang

That is a sharp ride. Matter of fact it was one of my three picks.

Hope every thing works as it supposed too.

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, everything hasn't gone as planned....go figure. Transport company didn't show up on Saturday, they said they will be there Monday (today). Oh well, nothings going to get me down! I ordered my floor mats and I think I decided to go with the FRPP cat-back. I have the magnaflow on my gt now and like it a lot, but the FRPP sounds just a little more aggressive!

MSMAP, she will be north of Houston (Kingwood). Where are you? I commute to downtown everyday and I have only seen 3 GT500's - two coupes on the freeway and a black convertible in Kingwood! There's got to be more out there.

·
Registered
611 Posts
MSMAP, she will be north of Houston (Kingwood). Where are you? I commute to downtown everyday and I have only seen 3 GT500's - two coupes on the freeway and a black convertible in Kingwood! There's got to be more out there.
I am over in Spring, off Louetta by Klein HS. Went to Fun Ford this weekend and there was one each red, white and blue coupes. White one lives in Katy, not sure where the others live. Blue one has NO BO TY for his liscense. He used to have a blue cobra. Don't know about the red one except it is modded for drag racing. There is also another red coupe that lives in Tomball. Guess we need to have a gathering of the Houston area Shelbys when yours gets here, very soon hopefully :)

I am in Atascacita alot as I have my 69 Mach 1 in a friends garage that we are in the process of rebuilding and restoring.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Blue one has NO BO TY for his liscense. He used to have a blue cobra.
That is jcthorne, another or our forum friends!

·
Registered
611 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts