Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I worked today,during my breaks and lunch I went and looked at Shelbys.At one stop there were 11 in a row.1 in each color and a couple of convertibles.Then there it was,THE CAR.That's right my car.Torch Red,Charcoal and Crimson interior,satellite radio,interior upgrade package and white stripes.And they actually pay me to do this.They should though I have to pay $5,000 over MSRP.Many of you will get your cars before me so when you get it remember that feeling when you get in it the 1st time.That is the feeling I get when they drive by or when I see 11 in a row.Well have a safe and fun holiday weekend.I salute each and every veteran out there.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stangbanger7 said:
You went and looked at Shelby's?
You work at the production plant or what?
That would be a fantastic job.
Yes,yes and well yes!It's good and bad.I see them all the time but I don't have mine yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
At least you have yours on order! I cant find one for under 10k over ...
I AM TRYING SO HARD TOO.
I have called probably fifty dealerships.

·
Registered
46 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Since I worked today,during my breaks and lunch I went and looked at Shelbys.At one stop there were 11 in a row.1 in each color and a couple of convertibles.Then there it was,THE CAR.That's right my car.Torch Red,Charcoal and Crimson interior,satellite radio,interior upgrade package and white stripes.And they actually pay me to do this.They should though I have to pay $5,000 over MSRP.Many of you will get your cars before me so when you get it remember that feeling when you get in it the 1st time.That is the feeling I get when they drive by or when I see 11 in a row.Well have a safe and fun holiday weekend.I salute each and every veteran out there.
07 Shelby,

Do you have any insight concerning the Shelby's destined for export (Canada)? Are they mixed in with all the models that are produced on that line or are they produced in batches. I ask because there are a few differences (Daytime Running Lights, Speedometer ect.) and the volume is so low (around 400)?

JD

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jduffy said:
07 Shelby,

Do you have any insight concerning the Shelby's destined for export (Canada)? Are they mixed in with all the models that are produced on that line or are they produced in batches. I ask because there are a few differences (Daytime Running Lights, Speedometer ect.) and the volume is so low (around 400)?

JD
JD,
All the cars and all the models whether it's front wheel drive or rear wheel drive are on the same assembly line.We only have one assembly line.Each car goes down the assembly line with an ALC computerized build sheet.This sheet has all information about each car so as it stops at each station they know whether It's a Shelby or a Mazda 6 or a GT or a coupe,what color interior,what upgrades it has(see where I am going with this).What country it is bound for,etc.,etc.Hope this helps.Any questions feel free to ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts