Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined this site tonight. I live in Oklahoma and purchased a 2007 GT500 coupe with redstripe package (option 54R) about 2 months ago at Joe Cooper Ford in Midwest City. I've had 7 Mustangs and this one is by far the best. It's just a blast to drive! The Shaker 1000 system is also great.
Hello to all you GT500 owners and hope to talk to you further in the future.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just joined this site tonight. I live in Oklahoma and purchased a 2007 GT500 coupe with redstripe package (option 54R) about 2 months ago at Joe Cooper Ford in Midwest City. I've had 7 Mustangs and this one is by far the best. It's just a blast to drive! The Shaker 1000 system is also great.
Performance White or Ebony? Tell us a delivery date (only if you want to) and I'll get you on our list of owners! Congratulations and welcome to our forum! This place is a lot of fun! Good folks here!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Congrats dsublett and welcome to the forum. You will have alot of fun here.

Cal

·
Registered
444 Posts
white or black. mine is #28 of 128 white ones.......I love mine too.

Welcome to the board!

JJ

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Welcome, dsublett! Congrats on your purchase. I'm somewhat near you...Denver. OK, we're not that close, but our states touch. :rolleyes:

Welcome! :D

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

Dsublett,welcome and congrats.This is a nice place to learn/visit:D

·
Registered
485 Posts
dsublett,

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of good guys here and lots more information for you to read about.

:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car is ebony with red stripes. It was built June 14, 2007. I went to Joe Cooper Ford in Midwest City (suburb of Oklahoma City) on September 5th and it was sitting on the showroom floor. I was thinking about red with white stripes or white with blue stripes, but really liked this car. Bought it that day and traded in my '99 Cobra convertible which was also a great car. However this car is certainly a cut above any car I've ever owned. This is the 7th Mustang I've owned and is truly a joy to drive. I've already got 2300 miles on it. No problems thus far.
By the way, I was very impressed with the dealership - very professional and I felt I got a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
P.S. Thanks for all the kind replies. Looking forward to talking with you many times in the future.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just joined, have a red with white striped Shelby GT 500 in Tulsa.:)....Hi everyone!

·
Registered
164 Posts

dsublett
Welcome to a great site. Good folks, good taste, good cars !

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome ftrpilot and congrats on your Shelby purchase. I live in Stillwater and hope to meet you at some point. This is a great site with a lot of good information.
Thanks Illegal for your post. I really enjoy this site - lots of friendly folks who really like their cars.
The Shelby is getting some limited use this winter and has slightly over 3K miles. So far no significant problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also live in Tulsa.....with a red Shelby w/ white stripes.....is yours and '07 or an '08?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Guys,
Ponca City here, glad to see so many in the area, when the weather is agreeable sometimes we should find a place to gather. There is a a Mustang club out of Tulsa "Boldmoves.proamerica.us" I think, are any of you members? I have been thinking about joining, sounds like they do some fun stuff.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd be for an Okie get together. I really don't see many of us driving around on the streets of Tulsa, but I hear there are several of us out there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good to hear from you shelbyOK and ginson3. I didn't know about the club in Tulsa. There has been an Oklahoma chapter of SVTOA for some time - I used to be involved some but got busy and haven't been to meetings in several years. It would be great to meet at some point. I'm going to try to go to Mid-America event this summer.
In Stillwater I have seen two GT 500s - a red with white stripes and a black convertible. Don't know if these are local guys. Not many on the road which is neat - don't meet yourself going and coming.
Keep in touch.
Dwight Sublett

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mine's an 07 red/white stripes...took me over a year to get one! I'd love to get together some time...lunch somewhere or better yet Hallett?:cool:

1 - 20 of 126 Posts