Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home,out driving around and picked up some material for a honey due list.Finally out in shorts,short sleeve shirt and a Red Shelby.What a life.
I pull up in the driveway and my son is standing there.He is all pumped up and is rambling on.What's up I asked?I have to take you somewhere,he says(in my car of course).I can't I am painting for your mom.He says I have somebody you just have to meet.He also has a new Shelby GT500,he says.Ok I said let's go( I don't like to paint anyways).This guy is one of my sons best friends 2nd cousin.We get to this guys house and sure enough he is standing there with his new 07 Blue with White stripes Shelby GT 500.We start talking and I invite him to go to Romeo Engine Plant with us.He says he's not sure but gives me his business card and says to call him.We chew the fat for awhile and he says,you want to see something?Sure!So he takes my son and I out to this heavily fortified pole barn with an alarm system.We go inside and I just about shit!He has 6 Shelbys-65,66,67,68,69 and70.The 68 is blue with white stripes like his 07.Not only that but he has 3 Boss 429's and a Red Super Cobra Jet Mach I.He had 3 double hoists with them stacked.One of the Shelbys was a Tasca drag racer that he bought in Rhode Island.I looked at him and he just laughed.I must have had a strange look on my face.We go back up to the house and shows me his wifes 06 Black GT Mustang with a sign in the window that says,NOT FOR SALE.She works at a BMW dealership.10 minutes later we are driving home and my son says,Wasn't that better than painting.I was speechless.When we got home I couldn't paint.I told my wife all about it and she just listened.Wow, guess I am done,still a little shocked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Now that is a VERY well off car person. Very Kool!:)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
67 Posts
'07, I don't need to explain to you or anybody else reading this how just freaking cool that must have been. It must have been like being @ Carrolls secret Shelby bat cave. The dude must be related to our buddy Ron Pratte. All I can say is that was a sight you will never forget....heck, if I close my eyes I can almost visualize the whole thing. That was a close encounter of a lifetime & thanks for sharing the story.......shoyoright

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Holy Cow! I would have peed my pants right there on the spot. Now that is one impressive corral. No pics?!?!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy Cow! I would have peed my pants right there on the spot. Now that is one impressive corral. No pics?!?!

No,I didn't realize what was unfolding.I just met the man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts