Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 706 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Creating this thread now as I can edit it as more info becomes available. I have chatted with Kyle a couple times, who runs Shelbyfest. He said there will be 2 track days added this year at the new Ozarks International Raceway with instructors available.

UPDATE There will be ONE track day on Thursday. More drivers are needed for Kyle to break even. Track day will happen regardless, but come one come all… sign up for the track event! No experience needed. Autocross will be on Friday.

What is Shelbyfest? It is an all-Ford and Shelby Mustang Rally
Where is it? Jefferson City MO
When is it? May 5/6/7
Organizer: Kyle @shelbyfestguy

Race track website: Ozarks International Raceway!

We have forum members that arrive from all over… a family reunion of sorts. Most arrive either Wednesday or Thursday and head home again on Sunday. The event culminates with a big car show on Saturday and our forum does a “fun run” back to Hermann for a lovely lunch at a German restaurant.

Forum fun run:

Hotel: Courtyard By Marriott
573-761-1400
Hotel rate for SF: $131/night plus $4 parking/night = $135/night + tax.
From @03reptile, Group Code is "SMR" (Shelby Mustang Rally)

Map Land lot Urban design Neighbourhood Residential area

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,518 Posts
Thought I was going to miss it this year, had a trip planned, booked and payed for going to England, France, Spain for 2 weeks with our traveling friends(couple) arriving back just when needing to leave for SF...wives hit the cancel button on everything yesterday, too many restrictions, multiple tests and such, we didn't have a warm fussy feeling about trip and odds on getting stuck somewhere with all these new variants popping up and travel restrictions...on the bright side, guess I can book me room for SF'22, unless the wives find something else on those dates. But I guarantee I won't beat Ken there or even Mike#1for that matter-well, maybe.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,996 Posts
WhooHooo!!! I've been waiting for Kyle to post something since he told me in Oct that he was almost ready to start talking about it. Now I can put it on my calendar and let the club know.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 08 Metallic Vista Blue Vert
7,269 Posts
True, I learned my lesson! If I arrived on April 1st, (a month earlier), Ken would be there on March 31st!
Thought I was going to miss it this year,............on the bright side, guess I can book me room for SF'22, unless the wives find something else on those dates.

But I guarantee I won't beat Ken there or even Mike#1for that matter-well, maybe.

;)
:)

(y)

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,510 Posts
Is your daughter bringing the GT500 killer? If so, know someone that might stay home 🤔.
That is funny! My buddy Kevin calls his 93SSP Fox body with a 347 in it that! At Mustang Week several years ago he and I faced off a stop light on HWY 17 and all I did was spin! Had the spin years on the 500 then and forgot to turn the traction control off. Spin then nose over, the SSP just left me. Several people saw that happen and I have never lived it down😢

·
Premium Member
Black 2010 GT500 Vert
79 Posts
Looking forward to my second year at SF and meeting up with so many great people! My wife and I had a blast last year and now we know what to expect. She is still amazed that we hit 140 mph on the "Mexico" fun run.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’m waiting on Tim’s response.
Funny Jim! For anyone that does not know the inside scoop, we did a rather quick-paced fun run to Hermann. At the beginning of the return leg, one of my magneride shocks shit the bed and gave me a suspension fault. The computer then limited my speed to 80 miles per hour. Let’s just say I was the first to Hermann and the absolute LAST back to Jeff City! :ROFLMAO: Yes, Sarah kicked my ass! 2022: eco boost ass is mine!:cool:🤟😆

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
Funny Jim! For anyone that does not know the inside scoop, we did a rather quick-paced fun run to Hermann. At the beginning of the return leg, one of my magneride shocks shit the bed and gave me a suspension fault. The computer then limited my speed to 80 miles per hour. Let’s just say I was the first to Hermann and the absolute LAST back to Jeff City! :ROFLMAO: Yes, Sarah kicked my ass! 2022: eco boost ass is mine!:cool:🤟😆
Oh gosh ..... I've heard some excuses in my time ..... but this one is near the top !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

(and here I thought I was the only hermit on Christmas day without a life on the Forum ???) 😵 🎅

1 - 20 of 706 Posts