Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I now live in Jefferson City and am proud to call it my home base. It will also make is more efficient for me to execute the show.

Kyle
Dang, I should have hit you up for lunch. Wait, nevermind, our better halves are redheads and that could have been bad for us. Lol

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
10,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am currently feeling out the ownership regarding things like reserving parking spaces in the covered garage however, we should have more than enough covered parking for everyone now so that's excellent. I'll keep you updated.
Yeh, I was thinking it would be easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission, reference the placing of parking signs! LOL! We'd probably park near the top floor or the basement level floor so as to cause the least amount of consternation for the hotel or the other guests. We will miss the "dungeon" at Capitol Plaza!😊. I estimate we will take up about 20 spaces, so I would think this would not create a problem with the management. Let me know what you think or find out. I'm not above providing bribes!
Just as a side note to our forum members: Many of you have met Kyle's parents who handle much of the registration folder distribution when we arrive. Kyle's Mom has been having some health problems of late, and I'd like to ask for your prayers that she enjoy a full recovery. She and her husband are such wonderful and warm people, and I always enjoy chatting with them each year.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeh, I was thinking it would be easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission, reference the placing of parking signs! LOL! We'd probably park near the top floor or the basement level floor so as to cause the least amount of consternation for the hotel or the other guests. We will miss the "dungeon" at Capitol Plaza!😊. I estimate we will take up about 20 spaces, so I would think this would not create a problem with the management. Let me know what you think or find out. I'm not above providing bribes!
Just as a side note to our forum members: Many of you have met Kyle's parents who handle much of the registration folder distribution when we arrive. Kyle's Mom has been having some health problems of late, and I'd like to ask for your prayers that she enjoy a full recovery. She and her husband are such wonderful and warm people, and I always enjoy chatting with them each year.
Thank you for the kind words. My mom is just the very best...a real light in my life.

She and my father will not be involved onsite this year as she is not in good enough health to be present. She already misses it and all of you.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
855 Posts
I certainly will be praying for kyle’s mom!
Thank you Kyle for all of your hard work to make this happen! It was a pleasure talking with you 2 years ago for Shelbyfest 2019. You probably don’t remember me due to the amount of people you work with for such a great event, but I am the individual that blew my motor the week before Shelbyfest 2019. My family and I came anyway and had a great time! Thanks again!

Ron Stevens

·
Registered
170 Posts
I certainly will be praying for kyle’s mom!
Thank you Kyle for all of your hard work to make this happen! It was a pleasure talking with you 2 years ago for Shelbyfest 2019. You probably don’t remember me due to the amount of people you work with for such a great event, but I am the individual that blew my motor the week before Shelbyfest 2019. My family and I came anyway and had a great time! Thanks again!

Ron Stevens
Ron I do vaguely remember but make sure you get with me for another hand shake and hello. I was finishing a divorce around then and a little worn down lol

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
2010 Grabber Blue/White
4,476 Posts
I’ll keep your sweet mom in my prayers Kyle! Hope she is feeling better soon.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
666 Posts
I'm excited to see this and look forward to possibly going. I'm only hoping I'm not out of town when it will be scheduled. Our chief told us the other day he is scheduling some out of town training in Dallas in early May for a few days, but doesnt have a firm date yet.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
753 Posts
Things looking good for me to attend for 1st time in a few years, heck, my wife is even thinking about coming with me, even in the Shelby-which she doesn't like, but she does like road trips.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,466 Posts
I'm excited to see this and look forward to possibly going. I'm only hoping I'm not out of town when it will be scheduled. Our chief told us the other day he is scheduling some out of town training in Dallas in early May for a few days, but doesnt have a firm date yet.
When you come to DFW, assuming it’s not during SF, give me a holler Bryan!

Reactions: Andretti

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Once the rate and code are ready, I would get it booked. I’m sure the Capital would gladly take the over flow.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
170 Posts
How many rooms? Does not look as bit as capital plaza
Not quite as big but brand new. You no longer have to worry about checking into a room without working a/c and heat, a room with furniture hot glued and tape together (true story...still have the photos), a room with a shower curtain with red splatters that looked like a murder scene, and a few other thing. I hope to see that hotel get properly renovated soon as I have been doing business there (events) for a number of years and in its day, it was just fabulous.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
10,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Bryan, you have got make sure you can attend!! Many would like to meet you, present company included, and you live so close to the location that it would be sacrilege for you to not be able to come!! All it takes is attending one Shelbyfest and you're hooked for life!

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,838 Posts
I have my doubts I'll have gotten the vaccine by then. I missed the geriatric cut off in my state. The powers that be need to quit talking impeachment and focus on getting rid of this pandemic.

21 - 40 of 178 Posts