Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

301 - 317 of 317 Posts

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,948 Posts
Where's your BREAKFAST report for today?

🥞🥞🥞🥞
It was back to the IHOP, always good and didn't feel like taking a chance on a bad start to the day being it is alrady raining. Could you imagine the poor little Waitress if she were to bring me a bad cup of coffee.... just couldn't expose her to that, so I took the Safe option !

Reactions: blackcad55 and OMB

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
217 Posts
Ya, need to clear up that forecast. If it keeps looking like it does, I’ll leave the car at the house. The functional heat extractors in the hood do a great job and look cool. But, they are not good with rain.
I'm beginning to consider this as well.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
877 Posts
I realize this is the forecast for KC, but what usually affects weather locally tends to be the same for Jeff City, although delayed.

KC forecast.jpg

I'm actually thinking it could be a rain free weekend at this point until Saturday night.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I'm beginning to consider this as well.
Not the first time I’ve left the car at the house. Sure I would prefer to bring it. But, it’s about the people. I will absolutely attend with or without the Shelby.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Not the first time I’ve left the car at the house. Sure I would prefer to bring it. But, it’s about the people. I will absolutely attend with or without the Shelby.
Second this comment: "It's about the people"
I'm driving my SUV from DFW on Wednesday, and I don't even OWN a Shelby any more...:cry:

Attending SF is a BLAST...
...seeing all the Great Cars!
...visiting with ALL the Geriatric Teenager Wanna Bes!
....Lastly, getting to see the Shelby Support Van....LOL

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
Attending SF is a BLAST...
...seeing all the Great Cars!
...visiting with ALL the Geriatric Teenager Wanna Bes!
....Lastly, getting to see the Shelby Support Van....LOL
..... seeing a few cars that don't mind the rain!!
..... visiting with Grumpy old people.
..... SSV may be replaced by off-road truck.

Maybe I'll just go down to my local IHOP and pretend I'm there ????? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
My 2020 has ceramic coating and doesn’t have the polished aluminum under the hood that the 2011 has... it’s much more “rain tolerant.” If it’s going to be raining though, I’ll put the rain tray back in the hood vent, which I removed when the car was new.

My biggest concern then is rain during the fun run. Race sessions have left me with basically slicks on all 4 corners, which would not do well in the wet.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
..... seeing a few cars that don't mind the rain!!
..... visiting with Grumpy old people.
..... SSV may be replaced by off-road truck.

Maybe I'll just go down to my local IHOP and pretend I'm there ????? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 215237
Jeff City has an IHOP!
I have it from a Good Source that the breakfast is Yummy!

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Mine will get driven rain or shine. Guess that is why I have 32k miles on it in less than 3 years. That being said I would be a no go if I was running slicks or something close to it. Dirty is one thing, dangerous is a whole different level of concern.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Ya'll gonna get wet. NOAA says 70% Sat and 80% Sat evening.
It just wouldn't be ShelbyFest without some Missouri Rain...LOL
Main objective is to Have Fun (but try to stay dry)
Leaving DFW at the Butt-crack of Dawn tomorrow...driving my SUV. (Jag F Pace rSport)
Can't wait to see everyone!

redmustang (2).jpg
Circa 1972 on my Honeymoon

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
857 Posts
Mine will get driven rain or shine. Guess that is why I have 32k miles on it in less than 3 years. That being said I would be a no go if I was running slicks or something close to it. Dirty is one thing, dangerous is a whole different level of concern.
Same here, my ‘10 is a dd, put 16k on in last 6 years, do you’ve doubled me in half the years, as my uncle said, “don’t let your meat loaf.”

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Michelle Braun, sales manager at the Marriott, just called me and said they have five rooms available to be rented over the weekend. Three of the rooms have twin queen beds, two of them have king size bed. If any of you who are staying at the Capitol Plaza which to move over to the court yard at Marriott, now is the time to do it. Just call the Courtyard Marriott here and Jefferson city and ask for Michelle. She will set you up. She said call sooner than later!

Reactions: KodiakMustang

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,024 Posts
Michelle Braun, sales manager at the Marriott, just called me and said they have five rooms available to be rented over the weekend. Three of the rooms have twin queen beds, two of them have king size bed. If any of you who are staying at the Capitol Plaza which to move over to the court yard at Marriott, now is the time to do it. Just call the Courtyard Marriott here and Jefferson city and ask for Michelle. She will set you up. She said call sooner than later!
Attention @78ta

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks for the heads up but when I made reservations at capital plaza they are non refundable but I’ll be hanging out with you guys at courtyard since it’s across street. I plan on arriving tomorrow around noon and I’m on the group text also.

301 - 317 of 317 Posts