Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
215 Posts
I'll be there Wednesday but it will be later. I don't need trailer parking ;)

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,022 Posts
Just got off the phone with Kyle (who runs this event). Some info to pass along:

1. For those arriving Wednesday, he is planning an informal gathering in the hotel lobby that evening for drinks/conversation/catch up with everyone.

2. He chatted with the fuel distributor in the local area about stocking up on 93 octane... hopefully they heed his advice.

3. For those with trailers, we can park in the lower gravel lot. From our conversation, I believe I’ve circled the correct area here:

View attachment 215025

If this lot fills up, there is a Walmart a couple miles down the road with a big lot:

View attachment 215026

4. Kyle is going to get us in before the show starts, just like previous years. We are meeting at 0630 in the same lot. We will be ushered in and parked together before the show opens.
Thanks for the heads up! I will be arriving Thursday afternoon. Hopefully there will be enough room in the lot you circled for my truck and trailer.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,946 Posts
I am here !

FIRST !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
Yes, it rained on the way here, rain and thunderstorms predicted for next couple of days.

...and the Capital Plaza parking garage is already flooded, a lot of mud in it, signs saying "Expect More Flooding, Park at Your own Risk".

Kyle ( @shelbyfestguy ) was certainly correct, the place has really gone down hill.

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
We made a quick day trip to Jefferson City to check out the new host hotel. It is a brand new Courtyard with a parking garage. It is a sharp looking hotel! For those that have been to previous ShelbyFest events in Jefferson City, the new hotel is on the opposite corner across Missouri Blvd up on the hill. If you recall, that is a massive intersection.

I met with the assistant GM and had a nice chat. I think the wives will like the hotel.

View attachment 209830

They have a large area inside with several tables and chairs along with a bar that will stay open until 1:00am as long as people are still buying beverages.

View attachment 209831 View attachment 209832 View attachment 209833

For anyone that would prefer to social distance in their own space, they have a room that will accommodate 10 people.

They also have an even better sitting area outside that has a great view of the capital, complete with a fire pit. You can see the old hotel across the intersection.
View attachment 209836
View attachment 209837

The parking garage is across from the entrance to the hotel. It is an open air garage with fairly low ceiling height of 6’ 10”. I don’t see anyone with a truck parking in the garage. They do also have a lower below ground level in the garage. There is one elevator in the garage.
View attachment 209838
View attachment 209839 View attachment 209840
Currently, there are about 20 parking spots plus another 10 handicap spots right next to the hotel. There is a large gravel pad on the side of the hotel. Not sure what that will be in May.
View attachment 209844
Hey Bobby...

Your Pics were right on... some thoughts and info.

The parking in the Garage is pretty limited. You mentioned 40 some spots, I counted 44. There is the ground floor with about that many, minus around 10 dedicated to Electric Cars w/charging stations. There is a level called First Level w/ about 44 parking places, the next level is what I would call the roof, completely open to the outside weather.

The only other parking area is the photo you showed as a gravel lot and "not sure what it would be in May"... well it is the same a Gravel lot. Parking seems to be at Premium at the site. I spoke with Mike @03reptile all ready regarding this. Kyle is out of town and said he would be back in Jeff City late Sunday, I may try to contact him Monday or possibly Mike will... we just have to see about regarding the parking area.

The exterior area of the Lounge may be the most practical for our group to meet, hang out at... also masking requirement even though the 'State' lifted those in March, I believe on the 23 ?

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
If anyone has any particular questions that I may be able to help with, post them up and I will try to get them answered since I'm here.

Reactions: OMB

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,624 Posts
If anyone has any particular questions that I may be able to help with, post them up and I will try to get them answered since I'm here.
We would all appreciate photos of the parking deck, gravel lot (for trailers) and anything in/around the hotel that you think would be helpful.

Reactions: Andretti and 'cause

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
We would all appreciate photos of the parking deck, gravel lot (for trailers) and anything in/around the hotel that you think would be helpful.
I'll get some today.

The ones that Bob @Ford Fest took were pretty much dead on... begin in this thread at Post #4

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
215 Posts
I'm willing to bet that parking is going to be an issue and "others" outside the group will probably not adhere to the parking signs and it will become a first come, first served situation.

Masks, well that's another issue, I'm not wearing a mask the whole time I'm there, that's not a vacation for me.

Ken, what about Handicap parking in the parking garage? I'll play that card if needed.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
875 Posts
So what does the forecast look like for Jeff City?

I put little to no faith in meteorology, but am curious (not like its going to change whether I go or not, though it could help me decide a good time to leave that will minimize my car to rain exposure). When I left for yet another day of overtime this morning, the quick forecast for KC was rain today and partly cloudy for Wednesday, then rain Thursday and Saturday so I'm curios if I misread the info or if the forecasters in JC are in agreement. That being said, its Missouri....and the weather can change on a dime with little to no warning.

Also, considering so many of us are driving.....has anyone done a map search for the closest (and yes, I'm referring to do it yourself ones) places to wash our cars from all the road grime and bugs? I will more then likely go straight to wash my car when I get into town prior to checking into the hotel so I can get all the bugs and the like off as soon as possible. This way I can reduce my effort level in removing all the caked on bugs and road grime to as low as possible. I'll likely do some searching today if time allows, so if no one has posted anything I'll try to pass along any info I've managed to glean.

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
There are a couple of coin operated car washes within a mile or two. We may have a hose to wash at the hotel, if they allow us.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
There are a couple of coin operated car washes within a mile or two. We may have a hose to wash at the hotel, if they allow us.
I'm bringing my new hose ; it is stainless steel! It is supposed to be a tough SOB and shouldn't explode due to being underprepared for serious water pressure!

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
apologies are often easier than permission

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
Hey, guess what?

Mikey is on the last leg of his trip... YEA !!!!
....and he said it IS raining !
...And I told him, It Is Raining HERE

All you out there; Keep your Powder Dry !!!!

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
How about all you pull out those old Rosaries and work on the beads getting the Big Guy to cut off the Water for a few days.
Or, take those Budah's off the dusty shelves, rup up it's belly and say a silent one to stop the rain.
Or, you Shintos get together and hum out a tune to stop the rain.
Or, bring wood, Noah just showed up with all his Clan and with the cost of lumber being what it is, He needs a little Help !
Or, make contact of any Reservation Brothers near you and see if their tribal Shaman can help out witha rattle and a quick dance to end the sky from leaking.
Or, every body regardless of beliefs, step out side and shake a fist upward and demand this stops, For the Love of Shelbyfest !!!
Or, even you bunch of Wickens, join in on the fun and lets see what you all can DO.
Or, if your diety of choice is the horned goat guy, just join in the effort, just for the HELL of it !!!!

Did I exclude anyone...
Oh yeah, the dems could do something GOOD to help the people out ! get that old man to sign another Exec Order!
... if any of your Wimmin are part of a drum Circle, get them to pounding!!!!!

Reactions: Hawkeye

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
Ya, need to clear up that forecast. If it keeps looking like it does, I’ll leave the car at the house. The functional heat extractors in the hood do a great job and look cool. But, they are not good with rain.

Reactions: 'cause

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
Ya, need to clear up that forecast. If it keeps looking like it does, I’ll leave the car at the house. The functional heat extractors in the hood do a great job and look cool. But, they are not good with rain.
I'm pulling out all the tricks and HELP I can muster...

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,328 Posts
I'm pulling out all the tricks and HELP I can muster...
From the radar Ken, looks like it's going to stop there around 2 or 3 this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
From the radar Ken, looks like it's going to stop there around 2 or 3 this afternoon.

See... my plan is already at Work !!!!!

You do realize them weather people are wrong better than 70% of the time.
I did forget to ask all to cross their collective fingers, toes, legs, arms or any other appendage they may have !

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
How about all you pull out those old Rosaries and work on the beads getting the Big Guy to cut off the Water for a few days.
Or, take those Budah's off the dusty shelves, rup up it's belly and say a silent one to stop the rain.
Or, you Shintos get together and hum out a tune to stop the rain.
Or, bring wood, Noah just showed up with all his Clan and with the cost of lumber being what it is, He needs a little Help !
Or, make contact of any Reservation Brothers near you and see if their tribal Shaman can help out witha rattle and a quick dance to end the sky from leaking.
Or, every body regardless of beliefs, step out side and shake a fist upward and demand this stops, For the Love of Shelbyfest !!!
Or, even you bunch of Wickens, join in on the fun and lets see what you all can DO.
Or, if your diety of choice is the horned goat guy, just join in the effort, just for the HELL of it !!!!

Did I exclude anyone...
Oh yeah, the dems could do something GOOD to help the people out ! get that old man to sign another Exec Order!
... if any of your Wimmin are part of a drum Circle, get them to pounding!!!!!
Where's your BREAKFAST report for today?

🥞🥞🥞🥞

281 - 300 of 317 Posts